Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Still plugging away...........

Blogger wasn't playing nice last night and wouldn't let me load the rest of my photos.  Here is another of the successful centers.  There were quite a few that are a little off but there is so much going on in all of the blocks that I don't think it will be too noticeable.  I have 8 columns sewn with 3 to go.



Last night as I sewed on this and struggled to press the long seams open with lots of bias edges and I wondered why not sew with a larger than 1/4" seam allowance and then it would be easier to press.  Since I have another OBW cut out I think I'll sew with my regular presser foot that is more like 5/16".  As long as I stay with the same allowance all through the project it should work fine.

7 comments:

Teodo said...

Looks like a real garden.

Hedy said...

I thought it was just me having a hard time sewing those seams!!

JJM said...

OMG Wanda, quarter inch seams with bias to cope with, you truly are a patient perfectionist. It is beautiful master piece.

JJM

Needled Mom said...

Those bias 1/4” seams are a pistol to press open. That looks really nice.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I guess I sew mine a different way. I sew the pieces for the across rows together 2 rows at a time as leader enders. Then I sew the seams across the quilt which are all straight seams. I use a seam stick to sew the straight seams open which really helps. It still is a slow process.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your plan sounds like a good one.

Kat Scott said...

I love the way the purple line in the original fabric adds so much movement to the different blocks. It dances your eye all around the quilt.