Saturday, March 16, 2019

Some small sewing...............

I took my scraps from cutting this quilt and made crazy pieced squares and bordered them with another of the Keiko Goke prints.  My plan was to make mug rugs but when I laid all 4 blocks on the sewing cabinet I thought they might make a nice wall hanging or table mat with narrow sashing between blocks.  The blocks are 9.5" square.

Then I folded under one of the wider strips on each block and thought maybe this was better proportion if I use them for mug rugs.  They would be 8.5" x 9.5".






Here are all of the rest of the blocks.  The smaller ones are 4.5" square.

I'm back to cleaning up the basement because I think the weather is finally cooperating so my art quilters group can come on Monday.


The second offering of my online Colorwash360 class will be open for enrollment next week.  If you haven't previously signed up on my mailing list and would like info on the class go HERE to sign up.

4 comments:

JJM said...

Mug rugs or place mats they're so full of fun fabrics, they will compliment any table. Good to hear your weather is clearing to have your Art Quilters come for a gathering at you studio.

We still have plenty of snow all around but they've always kept the main high ways clear for travel.

JJM

Diane said...

These are such fun fabrics! Keep them together.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love, love the bright color blocks. Great background color! I encourage people to sign up for the class- it is terrific!

Deb said...

Love the fabrics....very fun!