Thursday, March 7, 2019

9 more blocks..........

I had 9 more light pineapple log cabin blocks started before I decided I didn't need one more row for the length of the new quilt layout.  I finished them last night.  Now I'll see if any of them need to go on the design wall instead of blocks that are already there.  I think I'll probably make a throw size all light pineapple log cabin quilt after I get the large one sewn together.

My friend that came to sew yesterday brought lots of show and tell because we haven't had a sew day for a long time.  We had fun catching up on things and then after lunch working on projects.  I started pressing fabrics and cutting for a new project which I'll show after I make more progress on it.

3 comments:

patty a. said...

Sounds like you had a productive day with your friend. What are you going to do with these nine blocks now that you don't need them? Add some sashing and borders and they could become a baby quilt.

Sharon Stroud said...

What about alternating light/dark blocks? I'm still in favor of two quilts--really love the dark. Lots of choices and opinions!

JJM said...

Those new blocks are pretty Wanda. I'm sure you'll weave the ones you want into the quilt.

JJM