Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day of the week quilts..........
I made my decisions that I mentioned yesterday, which quilts belong to which days.
Monday is the basket quilt, known by several other names I know, but it is still a basket quilt to me. Remember the indecision about which color setting triangles (link in yesterday's post)? I decided on the rosey one. To me the quilt blended right into this color and the blue looked like an add on. I know I am in the minority here because most of you liked the blue, but I tend to make my quilts blendy so this one worked for me. The top is all sewn together (successful day).
As a bonus I got the binding sewn on this little (28" x 32") cradle quilt.
The backing is a baby print batik.
Now onto the other days of the week:
Tuesday will be the Kaffe Fassett inspired beaded curtain quilt. Here is a link to the design wall the last time I played with it in June last year. Yesterday I showed the strips sewn to make more 4 patches. I also need to cut more batik squares. I will show a picture tomorrow of the quilt that inspired me but I am doing it a little different. I am teaching until 2:30 so I may not get a lot done.
Wednesday will be the vanilla 9 patch quilt, pieces pictured below, all sorted ready to sew when a friend comes over to baste a quilt on my big tables. I decided I needed company to be able to stick to this one.
Thursday I will baste 2 more of the many wallhanging tops I have hanging on hangers in the basement.
Friday I will work on finishing the 2 Strips and Curves small pieces that I used for samples for the class. Friday is the last day of the class so I won't be able to get to it until late afternoon or evening.
Saturday I will work on the Rosebud pink and green batik blocks I showed yesterday.
Sunday will be a free day to start something new or work on whatever I want (or to rest). Monday will start over again with the same projects on the same days until they are finished.
I think I see some finished projects in my future.

22 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Sounds like a good plan ... hope it works out like you're wanting it to! Glad you've planned the vanilla project for a partner day (still think it has solid potential, just SO different from your usual palette).

I, too, see lots of progress in your future :-)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow I could never stick to a schedule like that! It sounds like you spend a good part of your day concentrating on your quilts. I love all of them like usual.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Beena said...

You are going to have such a yummy new collection of FINISHED quilts!!!!! The baskets look perfect with the rose set in triangles. It warms up the quilt with a soft glow.
Also, thanks for showing us the backing fabric of the cradle quilt. It is simply dreamy!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I love the baskets quilt.

The Rabbit Factory said...

Setting a specific day to each quilt is a great goal setting idea....thanks for your great idea!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Having a plan always helps, and your plan looks like a good way to keep things interesting and get lots of things done. I look forward to seeing the finished projects.

Cathi said...

The fabric you used for the setting pieces of the basket quilt is perfect -- makes the centre softly glow. That is such a beautiful quilt!! The cradle quilt is adorable -- the backing is wonderful.
I can't wait to see the vanilla quilt take shape -- I know I'm going to absolutely love it.

Anonymous said...

How I envy those who plan so well!! I just merrily skip along, maybe I need to take a page from your book. Love the basket quilt. Gail

Jocelyn said...

I think the pink looks perfect on your basket quilt. Very blendy, and very beautifully done.

LizA. said...

How inspiring. I might have to try something like this. I KNOW I won't be able to be as disciplined as you. But maybe, just maybe, I might be able to get some of my ufo's done.

LOVE your work.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! You sound like me -- I have to turn things into a game to keep myself on track -- and this is a good one! Let me know how it works out -- I might have to try it on myself!!!

Leslie said...

Whew-good luck; that's an ambitious schedule. But it will surely keep things flowing along!

Cheryl Arkison said...

Ooh, I am jealous to think of daily projects like this. Still in survival mode here. Good luck with your schedule.

Anonymous said...

Basket quilt is just glorious! Love it.

Your little cradle quilt is lovely and I like the unique colors for baby. Perfect backing.

And I am anxiously waiting to see your VANILLA piece. I know it will be just stunning !

You scheduling is perfection like you are. And I admire your daily routine to meet every goal you set. This week sounds like all the others since I have known you.

J~MT

Anonymous said...

The VANILLA quilt is the perfect quilt/table-piece to put under my very colorful place mats---I need to make another!
Thanks for your inspration to get collecting "vanilla" type fabrics. Paulette in VA

Jodi Nelson said...

I love the fabrics for the vanilla 9 patch. They look fantastic!

Gari in AL said...

This is an interesting idea but I could never do it. I usually have three projects going at the same time and am trying to have them be a UFO, something being quilted and a new(er) project. Bouncing between them seems to keep me from being bored. Good luck.

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
Wow, what a schedule you've set for yourself.
Hopefully if you start to feel you're on "overload" you'll give yourself a mid-week breather.

That basket quilt looks great, by the way (I'm one of them who voted for the blue). That's what is fun with batiks; you can take them in so many directions.
Vicky F

Dolores said...

I love the luminescence of the basket quilt.

Wanda said...

I love a schedule! I think you do too

Selvage Quilter said...

That basket quilt takes my breath away! How beautiful!
Good idea about the schedule. Keep us posted.
Karen

Yuki said...

Your basket quilt is beautiful. It looks like it glows in the center. Great use of color.

ttfn :) Yuki