Monday, July 20, 2009

My art quilters group is coming today...........
This is the group of projects that I will be showing to them. This is what I have accomplished since June 8, not including the queen size Trip Around the World which is too heavy to hang. The cookies have been baked, the basement has been cleaned. I'm ready.
Here is the view just outside my front door. The tiger lilies have just started blooming.
The rudbekia (brown eyed Susan) is just starting to bloom too. Some of the yellow flowers look like they are attached to the tiger lilies in this photo.
The balloon flowers look so pretty with the coral bell sprays behind them. I have volunteer balloon flowers all over this front garden.
My cousin from the Springfield, IL area came through this way Friday night and he stayed at my house overnight and visited my dad on Saturday morning. Dad really enjoyed the company. This also forced me to clean up the guest room. It is amazing how much I can pile on the guest bed between guests.

19 comments:

M. Regina said...

L love your flowers, and your quilts too. hugs from Brazil.

Betsy said...

wonderful garden Wanda.

Julie Bagamary said...

Your flowers and quilts amaze me. Thanks for sharing them on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Since June 8th??? Oh, my gosh. I am such an underachiever.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

my tiger lilies started to fall apart last week I so enjoyed them this year, they had doubled in the amount from last year.
I love your quilts - don't even know which one I like the best.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Elizabeth Rosenberg said...

Beautiful quilts and a gorgeous garden and a clean basement . . . and cookies, too? Wow!

Jean said...

I love tiger lilies...your garden looks wonderful. Enjoy your friends today.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Ahhh, things are back to "normal" again ! Lots and lots of glorious color...

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda
Have fun with your quilt group. I'm guessing that you're the most prolific of the group.

The garden is looking great! I have never tried balloon flowers, but maybe I should.
Vicky F

Cathi said...

Gorgeous quilts and glorious flowers! What a great extravaganza of colour!

imquilternity said...

Love, love, love those orange tiger lillies!!

Anonymous said...

THANKS for all of the inspiration!! LOVE all the quilts and the garden looks lovely too!! Imagine having a clean guest room and basement at the same time!!?? Can you come over and play with me??! :) GAIL

Anonymous said...

Art Quilters today ... Great way to start the week! Your blog is so inspiring, I can only imagine the inspiration you give them IN PERSON.

Our gardens in the valley are about 2 weeks behind yours in the midwest. Fun to see the "coming attractions" from your garden.

J~MT

Kerri Murphy said...

I love your blog. It is my daily inspiation. Everyone is right, you are very prolific and you do it so well!

Kerri
http://crazystitcher.blogspot.com/

Purple Pam said...

Seeing all your projects together is inspiring, not to mention awesome, including your garden.

Meggie said...

Your flowers delight me. Lucky students.

verobirdie said...

Your front door has made itself pretty for the day. Your visitors will be very impressed, I'm sure.

Wanda said...

I don't know where you find the time to accomplish all that you do!! You have the garden of eden, which I know, just doesn't happen by itself and your sewing table has been on fire!!! I like the top project on the board as well...it's looking really cool!

Susan said...

I am in awe of how much you accomplish and so beautifully! Your garden is as exuberant as your quilts and probably even more work. Thank you for sharing such inspiration with your readers.