Sunday, July 12, 2009

No finishes, but close..........
I finished the quilting on the 2 small pieces I showed yesterday. I decided to quilt in the ditch of the 4 patch seams and continue through the plain squares. In the border I did a line diagonally through the squares that forms a zig zag pattern all around the quilt.
On the pinwheel one I did free motion in the plain squares and ditch quilting both ways through the pinwheels. Since I pressed all of the seams open on the pinwheels there technically isn't a ditch so it was hard to balance the stitching right on the seam line. This pinwheel looks pretty good but......
there were equally as many that the centers didn't match like this one. Very humbling. I'm sure there are still a lot of people who would like to own this quilt anyway.
You can see the free motion and ditch quilting on the back. This is one of my favorite batiks with the story about Andy and his dog Toby. It isn't continuous so you read the same parts of the story over and over.
Now I have 3 bindings to do and I will do all of these by hand. The yellow quilt is 2/3 done.

12 comments:

Eva said...

Perfection beynd this point would be blasphemic.

Gene Black said...

I agree, someone would LOVE to have that quilt and probably wouldn't even see those pinwheels as imperfect.

Betsy said...

Wanda they look nice to me.

Janet said...

Slap their hand if they dare to point that out. Nice choice of where to put the quilting, plain and free motion has a good balance.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Exuberant color - exuberant quilter! Yea!

Purple Pam said...

You have been very busy this week. Wonderful finishes! Gorgeous garden!

Jean said...

Great finishes. The quilting looks wonderful....

Cathi said...

What great quilts. I love that backing fabric!

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
Well your points may not exactly match, but you still managed to drive that sewing machine in the ditch nonetheless. Just tell anyone who may ask that it isn't perfect on purpose (your "humble" block).
Vicky F

Beena said...

Love your pinwheels, and love the interesting batik you used that is in the last pic! Looks like you got a lot done!

Gari in AL said...

I also find it humbling to see my mistakes up close as I quilt. I told someone last week that I am so glad I never used a professional quilter as she would probably have said I should get out of quilting. lol

Anonymous said...

To share with us that it is o.k. not to be precise and perfect like that you showed us today, helps a green horn like me.

J~MT