Saturday, July 25, 2009

On the way to the mailbox.........
I came back in and got my camera after I got my mail. We had a nice rain last night and today is gorgeous out. Here is a little twig table that my neighbors had out by the road last weekend with some other stuff with a FREE sign by it. I went right over and got the table because I had been looking for something like it already and hadn't found anything I could afford.
The tiger lilies are just starting to drop petals so I thought I had better get some pictures of them.
If you click on the picture you can see this "in your face" blossom in detail.
Have a nice Saturday everyone.

9 comments:

Jean said...

These are gorgeous...love the little table...it is true, one person's trash is another's treasure!

Beena said...

Gorgeous tiger lilies! And the table is perfect, what a great find!

Cathi said...

What an absolutely perfect little table for that spot!
The tiger lillies are amazing. I wish it would stop raining here as there are some gorgeous flowers I'd like to photograph out on the roof garden. But it just rains and rains ...

cottonreel said...

I love lillies and I have had some nice ones in my garden this year but I had problems with lily beetles. Pop over and look at my blog if you have time. I,m also a long standing P/qu,. and put quilts on my blog often----------------------cottonreel

Anonymous said...

Like Jean said... one person's trash is anothers TREASURE ! Just love it and it is just perfect there on your porch.

Mother nature gave us so much beauty in our flower blossoms, that is for sure.

J~MT

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
Those tiger lilies are almost scary in the close-up pics. In a "Little Shop of Horrors" kind of way.

Wow, your students' strata are turning out great. They represent lots of sewing, too.
Vicky F

Elsie Montgomery said...

Great photos. Lilies are a favorite. We did have a great Saturday. Our clan was represented in a parade of about 200 clans as we marched from where the Highland Games were held all day (Holyrod Park) to Edinburgh Castle up the "Royal Mile." The streets were packed with onlookers who cheered and it was so exciting to be Scottish!

Purple Pam said...

The twig table is darling. It just fits in your space. Use and reuse - a good idea. Beautiful tiger lilies.

Meggie said...

Love the little table. Also love those tiger lillies. They remind me of my childhood.