Saturday, March 23, 2019

Setting triangles................

I have 2 photos for you.  In this one you can see the colors I cut for the setting and corner triangles.  This is not what it looks like in person.  I need to turn some of the blocks in a different direction so the darkest strip in the block isn't touching a setting triangle.  I cut 4 of the fabrics into setting triangles and one fabric for all 4 corners triangles.




This photo from the doorway shows it more true in color and value.  All of the triangles are a similar value where in the photo above some seem a lot lighter than others.

I'm really happy with the idea from Chris using several of the colors instead of just one.

For everyone asking me to show the fabrics that I am making my One Block Wonders from.......I mentioned on the first day I showed some blocks that I cut the fabric before taking a photo and there is only a 3" strip of each left.  I did show the black background fabric 10 days ago when my friend who had some of the fabric took a photo and sent it to me.  I haven't been able to even find a picture of the red fabric anywhere on the internet so far.

The second offering of my online Colorwash360 class will be open for enrollment next week.  If you haven't previously signed up on my mailing list and would like info on the class go HERE to sign up.

9 comments:

Sally Langston Warren said...

When you cut these setting triangles to try them out, did you cut them the proper size to use if you decide you like them (with 1/4” seam allowances) or will you have to cut new ones to sew? So many designers seem to want you to play with your fabric first (cut it up in finished block sizes) then go back and cut more fabric in proper sizes to sew with. Does this make sense? I am just wondering what you normally do.

Cheryl said...

Very cool! I like it a lot.

Lynda said...

I am enjoying your progress on the OBW quilt. I just watched a couple of videos on YouTube which gave information on fabric selection. Thank you again for all of the wonderful postings which inspire us.
Lynda D.

Jackie said...

Very nice! I like this a lot!

Ruth said...

When I first looked at thoughts echoed Jackies exactly. Very nice! I like this a lot! I knew ahead of time I would like it whatever you decided.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Triangles looking good. Hope people take advantage of the class and have some fun.

JJM said...

Dark and Dreamy ! Really a great finish Wanda . Hope your cold is on the mend.

JJM

Sharon W. said...

I like the IDEA of the mixed triangles, but found your first Thursday shot more pleasing: those triangle colors were scrambled/hit or miss, which seemed to fit better with the scrappy log cabins. Today's shot seemed a bit more controlled/planned, and to my eye it detracts a bit from the splendid chaos of the logs? But it's a neat solution, whichever way you ultimately go!!!!!

O'Quilts said...

This is very nice Wanda.