Wednesday, March 1, 2023

February 2023 monthly recap............









There were 2 finishes in February.  On the left is The Other 16 Patch - Cool (rectangles vs the normal squares in a 16 patch).  It is 54" x 73.5", a nice throw quilt size.

On the right is Pastel 16 Patch Baby Quilt which is around 40" square.  It is Kaffe collective fabrics with a nice pink Kaffe print on the back.


Only 2 quilt tops made it to the finish line in this short month.  Snail's Trail made with the Wishwell Weather Report fabric line is 60" x 84".  I have a piece of the light blue print to put on the back when I quilt it.

Pink Hearts and 4 Patches is 60" x 77".  I included batiks and Kaffe Collective with the other quilting cotton prints.


We got 1.25" of rain on Monday.  With rain predicted overnight I wanted to remove the leaves around the little bushes in my front garden.  Then I looked at the plants at the other corner of house and saw a little bit of green at the base of the Sedums.





Here is a little closer shot.  The Sedums by the garage have more leaves around them so they are still dormant.  Today is supposed to be close to 60 so I may go out and break off all of the dead stalks on the ones with new growth.

 

7 comments:

Julierose said...

WOW 60 degrees!! We are at 28 this morning and snow-covered still.
Nice finishes for February; the Other 16 Patch is so pretty in those cooler colors and the baby size one is really pretty too. Nice work.
Hugs, Julierose

Libby in TN said...

I need to check my sedums to see if they survived after the deer decimation. If so, will definitely treat with Deer Off!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

green growth already for your area is early isn't it? I still don't know if my hydrangea died it usually has leaf buds on it by now and sometimes some small leafs at the base of the plant way down by the ground like yours - it is another old plant that might have died from the extreme cold we had in December

JJM said...

2 completed finishes and 2 quilt tops finished, each one so very pretty . Again another very productive month I’d say.

Fun to see the first buds of green, and it sounds like a nice spring day for you also, with a 60 degree temp predicted.

JJM

patty a. said...

You had a very good month! The high here is going to be 62. It is 56 right now at 12:11 p.m. I think when I get home from work I will have to putz around the yard a bit. It is too nice to be inside!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

just to let you know every time I send you a private email lately it returns as undelivered - I'm not sure what the problem is but I am getting your mail just can't answer it right not - it did this a couple weeks ago too - just wanted to let you know I don't think there is anything I can do about it it has happened with a few other people off and on the last couple months for awhile then it starts to work again

Mystic Quilter said...

How come I'm only just reading this post?? I must be further behind that I realised. Love all these projects, the one which calls to me most of all is The Other 16 patch, just full of colour - I have to make one!