Sunday, March 19, 2023

Decision made...........


I did a mock up on the design wall with more strips pinned in place and a narrow strip cut to show how the binding will finish it off.  I need to pair the strips that are already cut to make 20 sections and I'll need four 4 patches for the corners.

Yesterday was more thinking and planning.  I have 2 more quilt tops waiting for completion.  The Australian16 patch needs its border and I need to decide how to cut the large print.  The batik Bear Paw is waiting for the sashing and cornerstones.  The sashing strips are all cut.  I need to choose the color for the cornerstones today, whether it will be all one color or several fabrics.  

And of course you know what I want to do.....I want to start another quilt.  But I won't.  I'll work on these 3 to completion.

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I know what you mean - I too want to start something new but tell myself to finish some that are nearing completion first

Julierose said...

Hahaha--don't we always want to start on something new?/;)))
These are such beautiful pieces--so i am sure you will enjoy bringing them to completion Wanda.
Only 30 this morning and chilly with a NW'rly wind out there. My short walk will be on the treadmill...
Hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy you chose the long strips for the border! I'm with you on wanting to start something new but there are things that NEED to be finished first . . .

Barbara Anne said...

Choices, choices, what delicious choices!

Hugs!

Florida Farm Girl said...

I like the light/dark alternating with the block. Neat idea for a different border.

MaryJo said...

I absolutely love seeing all the different border treatments you come up with !!

sewyouquilt2 said...

So pretty. Love seeing your process to make beautiful quilts

Mystic Quilter said...

The strips are perfect, I love the effect of them up against the blocks. I'm with you on the wanting to make a start on a new quilt because I've disliked trying to make the one I shall post about tomorrow!

patty a. said...

Now that I see more of the alternating light and dark strips, I do like them for the border.