Thursday, March 16, 2023

5 blocks instead of 4..............


I had many pieces cut and I was sewing away and ended up with 3 light centers and 1 dark when what I needed was 2 light an 2 dark centers.  I made one more dark center from the extra pieces and I will get them pressed this morning and decide which ones I will use.


I was moving one of my cactus pots to make room for another one and there was a surprise bloom on the plant.  I inspect them every morning so I don't know how I missed that bud.  This one is by the west window.  The red one by the east window has 3 more buds now.  I couldn't get the camera to focus on the red and this was the best of 6 photos that I took.


One bud on the smallest champagne color cactus plant is looking good.  Maybe 2 or 3 more days and it will be a bloom.







I was gifted this new Kaffe Fassett book and it is really interesting.  It goes into more depth about all of the amazing things Kaffe did before he started designing quilts.  I knew some of it from previous books or videos where he talks about his life but there is a lot of new info.  It has many pages and tiny print so I'll be reading for a while. 

9 comments:

Julierose said...

When I used to do needlepoint--I had his book on that craft --just lovely stuff. What an eye for color he has...
Pretty red and champagne cacti blooms--nice surprise for you;)))
Only 31 this morning but looks to be sunny...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a pretty cover on that book, I bet you will enjoy reading it

patty a. said...

The newest blocks are very eye catching! The cactus look great. How nice to be gifted that book. If the cover is any indication of what is inside, you ought to be in for a treat!

Kristin said...

Hi Wanda - I'm doing Ricky Tims' 52 week Smart Phone Challenge class. One thing I learned that I wasn't familiar with is the AE/AF LOCK - it stands for Auto Exposure/Auto Focus. If you tap an area on the phone that you want to be in focus, say your cactus bloom, the camera will lock in on that spot, and the bloom should be in focus. There are limits - you can only get so close to an object. Hopefully you have this feature on your phone, unless it is really old. (I have no idea when this feature came out).

JJM said...

New blocks, blooms and book, fun post to see today.

JJM

Nann said...

The churn dash on the lower left -- I used that same motif as a fussy-cut just recently.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I very much enjoyed this particular book - moreso than some of the earlier ones. I like how it puts his work in context with others in the same time periods.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Sounds like a fun and productive time!

Mystic Quilter said...

Excellent book! The book store I buy from in Wellington had a few come in not long after publication, needless to say I had to add this one to my collection, only just reading through it now.