Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Australian fabric 16 patch begun.............


It was the day to turn on the iron yesterday.  I took down the Bear Paw blocks and pressed each one and pinned the rows in order.  I needed the design wall for the Australian 16 patch blocks.  I pressed the stratas and then sliced the segments and sewed one of the 2 blocks from each combination.


Here is a closer view of a portion of it.  I will be looking through the fabrics today to figure out which 6 fabrics will make up the last 3 stratas that I need to sew.


I showed buds on 2 of my Amaryllis plants a little over 3 weeks ago.  One of them shot up rather quickly but it was skinny and it looks like just 2 flowers on it.







The other one had been sitting there doing nothing and now the bud is fattening up a little and it is little taller.  I sure hope this means flowers in my future.








The third plant just has a lot of leaves and it looks like a second little plant on the bulb.  I guess I will have to take this one out of the pot and remove all of the dirt and see if it is another bulb that I need to separate from the large bulb.  I'll wait until it is the season to take them outside for the summer to do that.

 

9 comments:

Julierose said...

What lovely blocks--[I especially like the dark maroon and pink one]..they all go so well together...
36 here and overcast--possible rain in sight...this just never felt like Winter--so far only one brief light snowfall here...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lovely flowers and fabric - the quilt well look great when done

Nann said...

I bought more Australian prints at QuiltCon. When I integrated them with the stash I told myself that I need to quit stocking them and begin using them! (Many of the prints have motifs that work well as fussy-cuts.)

Vicki W said...

That's going to be such a rich looking quilt. Rich in color and texture.

JJM said...

16 patch is great one to show off your Australian prints . It’s going got be stunning.

Amaryllis blossoms are so pretty… my daughters bloomed twice this time around.

JJM

JJM said...

‘Going to be’. NOT ‘going got’…… …. This iPad is always throwing in words and letters, where they don’t belong !

Agile Jack said...

AFter staring at a lot of Aboriginal 16 patch blocks recently, it's amazing to me how different your blocks look. It's going to be a stunner!

Barbara Anne said...

The fabrics in your 16 patch blocks are glorious and look wonderful together.

I love your Bear Paw quilt, too!

Hugs!

Mystic Quilter said...

The 16 patch is showing the Australian fabrics beautifully and always good to enlarge the photo and see the detail of the patterns. Shame about the Amaryllis only having two blooms, a gorgeous scarlet though.