Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Fabrics chosen...........


These are the 6 fabrics I chose to make the last six 16 patch blocks, 2 each of each combination.  I did my grocery shopping yesterday afternoon so I didn't get these fabrics pressed and cut.



I did get most of the duplicate blocks made.  There are 2 more to sew laying by my sewing machine.









This is one combination where I don't think both blocks will work. That means choosing 2 more fabrics so I will end up with 48 blocks.  I looked through the rest of the Australian fabrics and don't think I have any piece large enough for borders.  I will be looking for some yardage on sale or will end up with many fabrics pieced together for the border.


 

4 comments:

patty a. said...

These 16 patch blocks are coming along nicely.

Julierose said...

Nice combos--esp the brown and gold...you are so prolific with your sewing--nice work in progress...
31 here early on with the sun finally coming out again--we've been having a nice spate of weather, if chilly. Hope you are doing okay...hugs Julierose

JJM said...

Your Australian fabrics certainly reflect their homeland. Such unique details in each print. . And you continue to keep up your pace even on a grocery shopping day.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Looking good! Perhaps those blocks that didn't make the cut on the quilt's front could be used on its back?

You certainly are a high production quiltmaker and they're all wonderful!

Hugs!