Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Bear Paw progress...........


I took the Australian fabric top off the design wall so I could use it for the Bear Paw blocks.  I started sewing the sashing onto left and top sides of blocks.





I got 2 columns of blocks prepared. They need to be pressed and then I can sew those 2 columns together.














Look at all of the fun in this project box, all Australian fabric scraps.  I need to go through them and organize them by size before I cut some triangles out of the larger pieces.

 

6 comments:

patty a. said...

The sashing looks really good!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The sashing makes the Bear's Paw blocks really shine. Love the scraps.

Julierose said...

Love the sashing with corner sqs for these Bear Paw blocks...so pretty!!
A bit warmer today and sunny 50 degrees with no wind--nice;))) hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

Wonderful progress! I really like the varied colors of the sashing strips and the happy ZING they add to the over all look. You're making me want to pull out my Australian fabrics and get started on a Bear Paw quilt similar to yours but first I must finish the baby quilt (said baby girl is now 2 weeks old) and ... and ... and...!
We're warming up to the southwest of Richmond, VA and tonight will be the first night in a long time that we'll be above freezing - yep, 40*F.

Hugs!

JJM said...

As always I’m enjoying watching your progress on every piece you create. And I agree with you, it is a fun pile of Australian fabric scraps, I know you will magically create another of your signature pieces with them.

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Do you have a definite plan for the Australian fabrics when they're cut into triangles?