Saturday, March 4, 2023

Sewing and baking...again........


I cut some more of the larger squares for the Bear Paw blocks.  I'm not sure how many of them I will use.  I thought I needed a little lighter and brighter additions.







Here is the 7th fabric I cut into large squares.  I got all of the triangles for 20 blocks sewn together in pairs and sewed the 4 Paw units for this block.  I still need to cut more of the rectangle pieces.  I don't think I will be using that blue piece.




The storm missed us yesterday but we had the most fantastic sunset.   It was a lot brighter than this but this is the best photo I could get.


Yesterday afternoon I baked a double batch of shortbread cookies.







In the evening I mixed a batch of chocolate chip cookie dough which I will bake this morning.  My newest great-grandson was born with Prader-Willi syndrome which is very rare.  There is a walk tomorrow to raise funds for research and the cookies are treats for the participants.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you newest great grandchild.

Mary said...

I had to look up Prader-Willi syndrome to see what it was. He certainly has a lot of challenges ahead of him. The walkers will really appreciate the cookies. I hope weather cooperates.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope the walk does really well on raising funds - I'm sure they will enjoy the cookies too. Sorry your great-grandson was born with this

Linda Swanekamp said...

Good to see the Bear Paw is coming along. All those cookies make me hungry.

Julierose said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandson's syndrome; I know the walkers will really appreciate those cookies! Hope you get a good turnout...
We got lashings of rain and wind all last night--enough to wake me up off and on..now it is 37 degrees and cloudy with just a few leftover breezes...
You are moving right along with your cutting...;)))
hugs, for a great weekend Julierose

Vicki W said...

What a great way to contribute to the even and motivate the walkers! I'm so sorry for your Great-Grandson. He and his family have challenges ahead but organizing this walk shows their love and determination.

Marnie Haines said...

Good morning, Wanda, Your baking skills are as great as your quilt making ones! How lucky for the walkers tomorrow that they can enjoy your cookies. I send good wishes to you, your great-grandson and his family for a loving time together. Marnie

JJM said...

So sorry to hear about your great grandson’s Prader-Willi Syndrome. These rare diseases babies are born with today take my breath away. Knowing you and your strength, surely has been passed down to your family in need. So touching to hear about the walk and you adding cookies for the event.

Bear Paw squares and block are as pretty as your sunset photo.

JJM

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I also had to look up Prader-Willi syndrome to see what it was. I'm so sorry to hear that your great-grandson was born with it. The walkers will surely enjoy your cookies.

Your Bear Paw blocks look great - ;))

Quiltdivajulie said...

Like some of the others, I also had to look up Prader-Willi syndrome to see what it was. Challenging to be sure both now and later. Your cookies look delicious - I hope lots of people turn out for the walk to raise funds for research!

Mystic Quilter said...

So sad to read that your little great-grandson has Prader-Willi syndrome, I have heard of it before but never been fully aware of it's effects. I hope the walk is a huge success and good on you for the baking, I'm sure the cookies will be very welcome and I wish great success with the fund raising.

patty a. said...

I am sure the walkers will appreciate the contribution of your cookies to the fund-raising cause. I read up on Prader-Willi and it sounds like the family will have their challenges.