Sunday, July 19, 2020

Working on two...........


I cut 5 blocks but only got three sewn and pressed.  I have used the yellow background dotted fabric as a center in another block so I'll need to watch that they don't end up near each other in the final layout.
There will be lots of rearranging when I get all of the blocks made.
I sewed some more batik strip pieced blocks with the crooked strips.
Two of these were made yesterday, the other 2 last week.  I think I must have about 70 blocks now.

This is one of the first years I haven't dug up and split some of my Hostas and they are getting big.  The one with white edge was a little $4 plant about 4 years ago and now it is huge.  I don't have any place left to plant more so unless someone needs some in the fall I probably won't do any splitting.

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Those batik strippy blocks are looking great.
Hugs from afar--
stay safe Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

I love that you threw a BIG block into the mix of your Kaffe quilt and those crooked strips are SEW much fun!

patty a. said...

You are making steady progress on the churn dash blocks.

Nann said...

I've been admiring the colorful churn dashes all along. I'd like to try those scrappy strippy batik blocks.