Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Taking inventory..............

I cut all of the rest of the black and white triangles for my current quilt and then spent a couple hours putting away piles of fabric.  I cut pieces for a baby quilt too. I sewed a few triangles onto the Marcia Derse blocks.  Nothing that warranted getting out the camera.

Later in the day I took inventory on my progress this year.  I quilted 13 of the tops on these lists and sold 3.  I have added 14 new quilt tops this year with 2 more close to finishing.  The largest number of unquilted tops fall in the 'longer than 80" on the longest edge' category.  Without central A/C the basement this mid-summer just hasn't been cool enough for me to want to quilt a large quilt.  We need a week of temperatures around 70 for it to cool off sufficiently.  

At the beginning of 2015 I had about 50 tops waiting to be quilted.  Right now I have 27 tops so I have made progress.  It sounds like next week might be a cooler week, but they will probably change the forecast in the next few days.  I am so tired of hot days.

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we are supposed to be cooler starting today and last for a week - rain too - the sun is out right now and it is supposed to start raining by noon - I wonder if we will get it or the forecast changes again like it so often does - usually at this time of year it still stays hot and humid and the weather the guy was talking about last night sounds more like what we get in September

hetty said...

The heat makes me tired too. It's good to know that you take hours to put your fabric away. I thought I was the only one.

Julierose said...

I am tired of hot. humid days, too; it is a bit less humid today--but still hot...
I need to be getting my Go! Baby out and do some serious cutting...I don't usually cut ahead of a project, but I have WAY too many scraps --
I want to do a 1.5" postage so will be cutting those up...
Hugs from the AC still Julierose

patty a. said...

That is impressive to drop from 50 to 27. I can understand how it is just too hot to quilt right now. Today it is forecasted to be 91, but then the temps are going to drop into the mid to low 80's which will help. August can be brutal for heat so even a small reprieve will help.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I now have 23 tops waiting to be quilted - the forest of Christmas trees needs to be able to move back into their normal storage corner before any quilting can happen (another month?). You HAVE made progress -- and the tops will continue to wait until cooler temps arrive. Have fun piecing in the meantime!

Needled Mom said...

Can I send you some of my morning 50s temps? I'm really tired of this chilly summer. The heater actually clicked on yesterday morning. That's a first. Aren't we fortunate to have our passion for sewing to occupy our days?

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have all my unquilted tops in a list, but have not (purposely) counted them. The basement is now complete and I uncovered the longarm, but am packing for vacation next week and I don't know if I will get to the quilt basted on there.

The Joyful Quilter said...

50 down to 27 PLUS all of the extra quilts thrown in the mix? That sounds like excellent productivity in 5 years time. Keep on quilting, Wanda!

JJM said...

Your professionalism is showing again. WOW ~ Wanda great progress and more to come.

JJM

Charlotta said...

Good for you! I’m continually impressed with how productive and well organized you are! I’m such a procrastinator and my sewing space such a mess! So I get nothing done!