Saturday, July 18, 2020

6 blocks finally sewn............


I finally turned on the iron and pressed the pieces and parts and then the seams as I sewed the blocks together.

Then I moved the large Churn dash to the left one row and added the new blocks across the top.  I have 5 more pairs of fabrics chosen for more blocks so that will fill in the left side.  At that point I need to decide if I'm going to have an uneven number of rows across to put the large block off center (or leave it centered as it will be now) and how many rows I need to add across the bottom to make it long enough for a throw quilt.

The super sweet golden cherry tomatoes are doing pretty well.  I thought there would be more of them at one time though.  Maybe later in the summer the plant will get bushier.

My old faithful Rudbeckia is starting to bloom.  I believe this is the black eyed Susan variety.  The orange Tiger Lilies are about 2 feet behind them and since they are in the shade, they aren't blooming yet.  In another week this area should be really colorful.

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Such glorious colors--my fave is the bottom left one--but they all are lovely...such a riot of color;)) Very inspiring
hugs from afar Julierose

Ann said...

How exciting this looks with your mix of bold large-scale and bright fabrics. My garden is not as advanced as I'd like either.

hetty said...

You are making great progress.

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is exciting to see the piece come together. Almost all my laminate planks in!

Mystic Quilter said...

These blocks look beautiful together on your design wall, and such a splendid idea you had putting the oversize churn dash in the centre.