Wednesday, July 1, 2020

June monthly recap...........

I couldn't make a decision what to finish in June so I only had starts instead.  Two of the projects were sewn together by the end of the month, one more is clipped in rows ready to sew.
This Kaffe collective quilt top started out as just rectangles and then I had the bright idea to work in a few orphan blocks.  It ended up 48" x 65.5"
This Marcia Derse quilt has a summer beach vacation vibe. 54.5" x 67" I showed 2 layouts and the comment votes were about half for each.  I decided on the first one because this was the layout I had in mind when I started it.  I had seen one on Ann's blog that reminded me that I wanted to make this.  Here is another one that Ann made.

My Veronica plant is starting to bloom.  I don't remember the Latin name for it  I'm hoping it won't flop over this year like it did the last 2 years.

I will be mentioning my pop-up shop every day until it opens so newcomers and occasional readers will know about it.
The pop up shop will be July 7 - 12.  It will open for email subscribers at noon ET on July 7 and at noon ET on July 8 for the public.  It will close at midnight ET on July 12.  There is a form on my right sidebar to subscribe to the email list or use this link.  If you signed up previously you don't need to sign up again.

11 comments:

patty a. said...

Those are two wonderful tops you got done in June. Let's hope you plant doesn't fall over again. I wonder why they do that? Too much water? Not enough? Grow tall too fast? Too bad they can't talk and tell us what the problem is! LOL!!

hetty said...

Wonderful tops! Love the beach vibe. I can't remember the Latin name either. There are so many varieties of this plant. I have always called it Speedwell. The flowers can grow very long and maybe the weight causes the plants to fall over.

Jackie Lujan said...

Wanda, looking for some advise. I would like to make a quilt like your beachy quilt. I have shirt squares already cut at 6 inches square. Looking for a recommendation on size of squares for the corners? NOt sure if 3 inches would be big enough?
Thanks,
Jackie
jackiealu@aol.com

Julierose said...

Two great finishes--just especially love that Marcia Derse one...
~ ~ ~ Waving in the sunlight and shadows ~ ~ ~ Julierose

Ann said...

I saw the first photo and came to read the article. What a little beauty. The red starburst interests me because it appears to have a circle in the background. Clever of you to use the fabric so effectively. Isn't it fun to use up scraps AND orphans!
And then I saw my name below. How kind of you to link to my quilts. I love your Marcia Derse version. So refined and cool.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I love your Marcia Derse fabric quilt. It reminds me of an underwater kelp forest.

Sewing Up A Storm said...

I just loved that setting for the Marcia Derse quilt when you first posted it. Glad you chose to do that one instead of the other. That is going to be really nice!!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great tops! I realized that I started a quilt like the Hatchet one, but it was called something else. I should pull it out and finish it. Nice veronica. My Asiatic lilies are blooming now- I successfully beat off the red lily beetles on most of them.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Two beautiful quilt tops - congratulations on both. I really like the layout you chose for the Marcia Derse blocks.

The Joyful Quilter said...

No worries, Wanda! Your starts from June will be finishes at a later date.

JJM said...

Nice June finishes Wanda ~ I do like the chocolate centers of the daisies. At first I wasn't sure but you ALWAYS know best. And your summer beach is a perfect name for this piece.

JJM