Tuesday, July 28, 2020

A little progress............


I didn't make a lot of progress but I now have 17 sets of 4 with the corners sewn on.  For questions about my pieces, I have GO dies for my die cutter for both the diagonal piece and the corner triangles so I can cut 6 layers at a time.
This is the last 9 that I have ready for corners.   I think I want 30 blocks so I need to find 4 more fabrics.  I actually cut one fabric twice so I may use that one and just look for 3 more.
The heat spell finally ended late yesterday afternoon.  It has been a drain on my energy for many days.  Now the windows are open and the humidity level is not so bad.  

As I sit and sew on triangle corners I'm looking at my churn dash quilt on the design wall.  I want to make the final decisions on it and get it sewn this month too.

9 comments:

Julierose said...

Meanwhile, here, our heat has ramped up--At 5:30 a.m. it is 77 degrees with 72 % dewpoint...ugh!! Another day closed inside...it is like a sauna out there...
This will be a pretty quilt with those swirley fabrics for corners
Hugs from Ac Julierose

Anonymous said...

How fortunate to have a reprieve from the heat! We are actually hoping for a predicted cooler interlude over the coming weekend (high 80s instead of high 90s) - it would be nice to open windows.

The reverse colors corners are so clever!

ceci

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have that set of dyes in my 12" set that makes a good block - you give me ideas!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Glad your humidity broke. Can't wait until I can open the windows. Being shut inside with AC is isolating and goodness knows, I have had enough of that! The blocks look great.

patty a. said...

It is like a sauna in NE Ohio. Right now it is 72 degrees with 81% humidity! I hope we get a break soon because I need to get outside and get after the weeds that are popping up all over the place!

To be able to cut 6 layers at a time and have accurate cuts is fabulous! Which GO! model do you have? I have a lot of scraps I need to cut and am debating if I should invest in one. I know I love, love, love the mower you helped me with!

Nann said...

What a different 12 degrees makes! I enjoyed reading while sitting on the patio yesterday.

hetty said...

Great blocks! Nice to have a GO cutter. We have a cooler day today too.

JJM said...

It tickles me to see how your black and white prints companion with your colorful prints. Looking forward to your complete layout on this one.

2020 will be a year none of us will forget and then for you in the Mid West to have to cope with such hot, humid temps to add on top of it all. Sincere sympathy to you.

JJM

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt👍