Friday, July 24, 2020

Hunter star again........

   
Here are the two previous Hunter Star quilt tops that I have made, 2 traditional layouts.  I guess that is why I had the question yesterday, which layout with my new blocks.

        
I loved all of your opinions yesterday and I'm still undecided.  I could do the traditional layout on point too which would make a larger quilt than it would be in a straight layout with just the 91 blocks I have already made.  Meanwhile I will take the blocks off the design wall so I can vacuum the basement.


A friend surprised me with a dessert from a specialty shop.  Yum!!

It was a most glorious beautiful day yesterday, cooler and less humid, all of the windows open, no A/C running.  This was the view from my kitchen window as I ate lunch.  The orange Tiger Lilies in the shade are just starting to open.

I have 2 different kinds of Sedum in the front garden.  The purplish one is back to the color it was when I bought it.  I had it in a back garden and it turned all green and I was so disappointed.  It is about 5 or 6 years old now and it likes the east exposure.

11 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely garden views there;)))
We are still having hot, humid days here; hoping the weather will beak soon...
~ ~ ~ waving my little fan Julierose

Vicki W said...

I love all Hunters Star quilts. There's so much you can do with color placement.

Tami Von Zalez said...

I love your mixture of quilting and flowers. The ones are coneflowers, aren't they?

And pastry, my mid section reflects I have a sweet tooth.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I do like the newer arrangement of the Hunter star- more color concentrated pizazz. I have found, the more color in the foilage, the more sun it needs. I find the hostas even vary in color depending on how much light.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You didn't ask - but I like the first Hunter Star photo on the left - it's traditional - but prettier somehow to me than the one on the right. And your flowers/plants are lovely as usual - ;))

O'Quilts said...

If in doubt, have cake and look at a lovely garden!!
Thank you for the congrats on our new Aoife!! ox

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I have that die and sooner or later I'll get around to making one. Thanks for the inspiration.
I cannot even imagine doors and windows opened at this point in the usual saga of HOT summertime in Houston. And that dessert looks delicious!

JJM said...

Hunter Star and Fishes... It amazes me that they are the same block. Stars sparkle and Fishes swim...

The treat from your friend looks absolutely delicious !

JJM

hetty said...

Beautiful quilts! Love to see what you come up with for your blocks. A yummy dessert while gazing out at your garden. What could be better?

Mystic Quilter said...

Only just catching up on reading posts but I love the traditional setting of your Hunter Star although it is interesting to see your alternative design and definitely looks like fish swimming in opposite directions.

Anonymous said...

I love the fish setting. It is so Impressionistic and contemporary. The Hunter Star is lovely, too. For uniqueness, the fish setting gets my vote! Andrea in Minnesota