Friday, July 31, 2020

Kansas Dugout.................


With this shape in a layout of 4 alike it is the Kansas Dugout traditional block.  The only difference is the traditional block has a square set in to the hole made by 4 of the diagonal shape instead of 4 triangles making the square.  I just put the blocks up randomly on the design wall and figured I will play with the layout today.  But, I'm pretty happy with it just the way it is.

I looked at it from a different angle.......not sure if I'll move the blocks around.  I could put them in top to bottom columns of similar colors but there are 5 columns and only 4 main colors.  It will get sewn together today.  There are 30 blocks and 28 different Marcia Derse prints used in the diagonal shape.  It should finish about 60" x 72".

12 comments:

Julierose said...

It is very pretty like it is..
~ ~ ~waving in the rain...Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Nice saturated colors overall. The quilt looks really fresh and solid.

Libby in TN said...

What did you decide to do about the two different corner fabrics? In the picture it all looks to be the same.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I would keep the blocks right where they are - they look great. Love the subtle differences in the corner fabrics.

Nann said...

You will drive yourself crazy trying to come up with an "ideal" distribution. Keep them as they are and get 'em assembled!

Florida Farm Girl said...

I like it. Trying for the perfect layout is sometimes a lost cause. I just go with good enough most of the time. Happy sewing.

BatikFanatic said...

I think it's terrific as is — you could tinker 'til the cows come home, and I can't imagine it'd look any better than it does right now. Love it!

O'Quilts said...

I love it. I think I will start on that pattern myself...perfect for collections and scraps from bygone days....of course, at my age, I should be finishing up...I just dont want to!! Good job once again Wanda xo

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

VERY nice!! Of course - after you said that you had 30 blocks and used 28 different prints in the diagonal shape - I had to look for the duplicates - LOL - ;))

The Joyful Quilter said...

What luck that there's no need to spend time rearranging blocks!!

Needled Mom said...

Those look really nice. Well done.

Vicki W said...

I think that I need to get this die. I like this block a lot.