Thursday, November 17, 2022

Still playing.........


After finishing a project (2 for this month) I have a hard time getting going again.  Yesterday I looked through project boxes and a couple more Kaffe quilt books.

One of my favorite quilts last year was a simple 9 patch, all 5 dark/4 light blocks.  See it here.

Sometime after I made that quilt I started making more 9 patches, this time with 5 light/4 dark.  I think continuing with these will be one of my mindless sewing projects while I watch TV this winter.


This piece has been around for a loooong time.  The outer row of blocks are not sewn on yet, just in the auditioning stage.  If they get sewn on another striped twig border will be added, wider than the last one.


This is a photo I found in my 2016 file, auditioning for the first stripe twig border.

I have a few more boxes to look through and maybe I'll get serious and prepare something for quilting.  Maybe a birthday week is supposed to be like this.

 

8 comments:

Julierose said...

The light/dark 9 patch is so appealing..lovely work
34 here this morning--no precip tho'--just gray skies...
I will go food shopping today...and try a bit of basting on my page
hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

You have so many choices sometimes it is hard to settle on a project to work on. It's ok not to sew every day!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great projects to recharge sewing without being mind bending. Love the 9 patch.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I had been moving at a fast pace this year until a month or so ago when all of a sudden I slowed down after we got home from our vacation, I had a short stomach virus and then just didn't get back into the swing of all the projects I was working on - I decided to just tackle one of the RSC projects at a time now to finish - not rush, just slow down a little bit and get one done at a time.

Anonymous said...

Birthday weeks should be however you want! Having said that I have had a great loss of quilt project momentum and hope I don't have to wait for my birthday week to get it back. I do like the quilt with the black and white twigs!

Ceci

JJM said...

9 patch is fun…. But the ‘riot’ of colorful fabrics with your black ‘n white twig inserts takes my breath away !

JJM

Nann said...

What size are the nine-patches? (I think 2-1/2 squares so 6-1/2 blocks?) In other circumstances the black/white twig print would be very busy, but compared to the enthusiasm of the scrappy units it's calm!

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a different look to 9 patch the way you've worked the blocks. I love your second quilt - stunning mix up of the blocks.