Tuesday, November 22, 2022

A good sewing day..........


All it took was a nice sunny day to get my energy back.  I pressed 20 fabrics and cut pieces for 3 quilts.  Last night while watching 2 hours of TV I sewed and pressed 10 new blocks.  I have taken the Sunday only project off the design wall and today I'll put all of the blocks for this quilt up.  I think I need 5 more blocks so I might get an idea what colors they should be.


My indoor garden is full of blooms.  This is 3 champagne color and one red Thanksgiving cacti.  These are by the east picture window.





Over by the west picture window my favorite pink one is still blooming.  Some of the flowers need to be picked off, or I can just wait and they will fall off.




This medium pink and the orange ones will be blooming later this week.  Only a couple buds on the pink but many buds on the orange.  I love my inside garden.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Your cacti garden is just lovely!!
Nice that you got your sewing-energy back -- mine is still a little lost somewhere...
It is a lovely sunny morning here--34 degrees at sunrise and yesterday's winds have subsided. Off to get my haircut today...
Hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

The striped blocks are so pretty! The cacti garden is fabulous as usual! I'm glad you got your energy back. Gray days really can slow us down physically and mentally. It is sunny here today high is forecasted to be 49! Walking at lunch will be nice today and tomorrow. Have a great day!

Mary said...

Your cacti are simply gorgeous. Mine also are blooming but not putting on as good a show. However, an orchid gifted to me a couple of years ago is blooming!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

some of my flowers are dying off already also and I need to pick them off or let them fall - I have had no luck finding the actual Christmas Cactus with the scallop leafs but keep looking when I go in a store

Ruth said...

I visit your blog almost every day and I always enjoy seeing your projects develop I love them all.

I have cactus envy. I have a pink Christmas cactus that I bought 2 years ago the flowers were beautiful and there were a lot of buds. Little by little the flowers and buds began falling off. I figured it was the shock of moving from an optimal location to a different one. I took care of it according to directions but it has never bloomed again. I have had many new leaves and the plant looks healthy. From time to time I notice little pink dots that look like the start of bud but they soon disappear. A few weeks ago I started covering my plant at night but no buds. Maybe I should find it a new home.

JJM said...

Checking in on you every day, makes my day a good one. I’ve said this before … I sew with you via osmosis. (*._.*)

Lovely ‘inside garden’ putting on such a great show just for you. And thank you for sharing.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wonderful blocks. My cactus are blooming also- just have to take some photos.