Monday, November 21, 2022

Progress on two...........


I sewed 5 more blocks and put 3 of them up on the design wall with the 15 I showed yesterday.  Then I cleared them off the design wall so I could continue on the other project.




I got 9 blocks of my Sunday only project assembled last night while watching 4 hours of TV.  I think the name of this one should be "Out of Control".  I'm just putting blocks on the wall as I make them, no layout decision yet.  At this point I'm thinking it could be 15 placemats.  I have lots more triangle strips left to sew into blocks of 8 strips.

We are going into another weather pattern, 40s all week instead of 20s.  10-14 day forecast, warmer than normal temperatures.  That will be nice.

12 comments:

Julierose said...

You are really moving right along with these projects!:)))
22 this morning here--I am waiting until it warms up a bit before going food shopping--brrr...
I hope we get some warming too hugs, Julierose

SueR said...

19 degrees here last night, but warming up this week as you say. That is a whole lot of triangles. Triangles are not my favorite thing to make, but I seem to keep gravitating towards them, lol.

patty a. said...

I love the craziness of the triangle quilt! It is just a riot of color!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the attitude - if you can't figure out a layout use as placemats - that is one way to look at it - maybe you can get a layout you will like!

Quiltdivajulie said...

When you get ready to re-arrange the strips of HSTs, I could envision rows or columns of scrappy flying geese. P.S. the Out of Control thought made me laugh.

Nann said...

There's a traditional quilt block called Wampum that uses strips of triangles like yours.....

JJM said...

Both photo’s warm my heart and we sure need it here in the mountains. With waking up with temps below ZERO for a week now and highs sometimes in the 20’s. Its been an early super cold winter so I’m hoping we will get an early spring.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

There are probably more ways to arrange those triangle so they gather as a design more. You will persist until you are happy with it.

Anne Ibach said...

That scots and stripes quilt just gets better and better with each block you add! Can't wait to see it progress!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Wow I love the way the triangles look together.

SC said...

For your’wampum’ blocks, what about alternating blocks directionally (up/sideways)? Beautiful color combinations! Are you using batik fabrics?

Vicki W said...

I am so intrigued by the Sunday only project. It's such a wonderful riot of color and pattern as a quilt but it would also make great placemats too.