Friday, November 11, 2022

Sewn, not pressed..........


The quilt made with Kaffe Fassett yarn dyed woven stripes is sewn together but not pressed yet.  It is going to make a very lightweight quilt when finished.










Earlier yesterday morning I trimmed the mottled batik 16 patch quilt.  The backing is a much richer blue color than this photo shows.  I cut the binding and sewed it on last night and started the hand sewing but got only one side finished.  Hopefully I can finish the hand stitching in a couple days.


I was looking for something in some older Kaffe Fassett books and found that the Shards quilt in a 2015 book is similar to a quilt in a 2006 book.  In the older book the block is 4 x 4 and in the new book the block is 5 x 5.  They are both the broken dishes block.


 

10 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely stripes all sewn together--I like the older version of KF's shards--that's a lot of broken dishes to make...
We are waiting on the rains to come here; and tonight we are expected to get winds gusting to 50mph--hope no power issues...hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

I have looked at that Shards design multiple times - must go see if I have the 2006 book with the Broken Dishes version which I like more. Your KF top is gorgeous - so saturated and full of movement. Beautiful!

Lesley Gilbert said...

Just caught up on a weeks worth of posts. I always look forward to seeing your cactus start to bloom - so many pretty colours. My Fuchsia's are still in bloom - don't think they are growing; just holding on to what's already bloomed and sometimes stays like that through a mild winter :)

JJM said...

It has to feel good with the progress you have made with your Stripes and mottled 16 patch.

0 degrees in the mountains this morning. It’s going to be a brisk walk today.


JJM

Anonymous said...

We just got back from a chilly 22degree walk here n Nebraska. The dog was so happy when we turned towards home!
Roxanne

patty a. said...

That is great you got the striped top all sewn together!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

The stripes quilt looks wonderful. I'm curious if you had any trouble sewing in the lighter weight woven fabric? Did you prewash? I don't recall if you prewash your fabrics. Did you use starch?

Vicki W said...

The stripe quilt is looking wonderful. A light weight quilt is a good idea for that one. I like to use flannel sheets as batting on my summer quilts.

Elle said...

Those look like 4patch hourglass blocks. I'm not seeing broken dishes-which I've made 120 of this week ;-)

Nann said...

I went through a couple of Kaffe books recently and the Broken Dishes variations stood out to me, too. I really like your stripes project.