Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Maybe final layout..........


In the early evening yesterday I thought I had the final layout after I added the last 5 blocks.  Then I took a photo and saw a block that needed to be moved.....5 times.  I think this may be the final layout.  I was hoping to sew it together last night but then decided to check it this morning to be sure it is ready to sew.





This was stamped on one of the strips that I cut.  I turned it over and used the other side.  I thought if I left it showing on the strip whoever ends up with this quilt might consider it a flaw.  I can read the Hand Woven Textiles but can't figure out the last word. (Click to enlarge.)




These 2 were in the very early Kaffe stripes (1990s) and this is what the beginning of the yardage looked like.  I want to throw these away but I can't just yet.


This is another group of Kaffe's early yarn dyed woven fabrics (not printed).  I have larger yardage of some in the top row so they may become a back of a quilt.  The ones in the bottom row are a thicker thread and more loosely woven.




I found one more of them later, such an unusual group of colors, yellow, lavender, and green.







I have reduced the amount of shot cottons and stripes on the top shelf.  This whole top shelf used to be packed with those 2 groups.  Now I have room for the Lille fabrics at the right.  I still need to put the other yarn dyed group up here and that will go on the left.

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

The other word is Committee

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I couldn't read it and have never seen anything like that stamped on fabric but as it was hand woven I can see that being put on the fabric somewhere. I laugh at your moving the block 5 times I have done that often and sometimes it ends up back where it was to begin with!

Alice in Vermont said...

"Textiles Committee" is what I see. Interesting.
Happy Thanksgiving to all the good folks here.

Julierose said...

Your final layout looks really good, Wanda :)))
I think that word is "Committee" also...strange that it was stamped?
Warmer here this morning 41 degrees at 8:30 a.m. I think we are in a bit of a warm up through Sunday--hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

The striped blocks look great. The colors are nicely balanced throughout the top. The watery looking striped fabrics are very pretty, but I certainly would have to put some serious though into how to use them.

JustGail said...

I agree that the word is "committee". Perhaps it's an inspection stamp indicating the fabric met their standards?
Sometimes a good night's sleep is wise move before starting to sew things together.

Sally Langston Warren said...

After the word “textile” I thought it says “80” and I can’t make out what is after that. But I think it is an 8 rather than a C….I was thinking maybe it was a weight of sorts (like you have 50W threads). Your blocks are lovely!

JJM said...

I can not seen the ‘C’ for the word committee either. Its a fun puzzle for sure.

Your final layout Stripes and solids is great. Hope you start sewing it today.

JJM

Vicki W said...

That's so striking! It feels good when you can clear a shelf without giving away fabric.

Helen Howes said...

I bought a bunch of those slightly heavier fabrics for skirts. After 10 washes the Ikat spots had shrunk 30% and finally stopped bleeding. I never did make the skirts...

MaryJo said...

RE: I want to throw these away but I can't just yet.
They look like they'd make great bookmarks !
Love seeing your progress...
MaryJo

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice final layout Wanda. I couldn't figure out the wording so it was good to see that Alice had it figured. You have a great collection of Kaffe wovens, the shot cottons, stripes and the Lille fabrics fit beautifully, I love the curviness of the top of your storage, very Indian looking, perfect for the fabrics from India.

Anne Ibach said...

Oh wow! I LOVE that stripes/shots quilt top!!! It just got better and better as you added more blocks!

Is the last word on that stamp "Committee?"