Friday, November 4, 2022

Miscellany................


First a celebration!  I passed the driving test for my new driver's license.  I have to drive every 2 years to renew until 86 and then it is every year.  I went 11 days early in case I didn't pass the first time.  We get 3 tries.  That was my morning yesterday.


I mailed an important letter.


A gift was delivered but the company forgot to put in a note saying who it is from.  I called them to see if they could tell me but the customer service rep (from another country) said I needed to give him the order number or the name of the person who ordered it.  Duh!  If I knew who ordered it I wouldn't be calling them.  Well anyway I hope someone lets me know they sent it so I can thank them.


Most of the leaves have fallen from my beautiful golden maple tree.  I got out my rake and the lawn mower and took care of a bunch of the leaves.  I don't like to leave too many on the perennials but I do leave at least a third.  They are good protection for the plants plus they turn to compost to make soil that is easy to dig in.  I'll have to do it one more time after the rest of the leaves fall.  It is going to be windy for a couple days so it shouldn't take long.


In the late afternoon there was a beautiful pink sky.






Last night I got all of the striped fabric blocks and pieces out to play with.  The blocks on the bottom which aren't sewn yet can be sewn either way, like the ones on the left or the ones on the right.  There would be 20 eight inch blocks when sewn.  All together there aren't enough blocks for a quilt.  I can tell these were made while I had a limited number of Kaffe stripes.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on renewing your drivers license! I know there’s always a certain amount of stress to testing and being able to drive provides us independence. You accomplished a ton of stuff yesterday! And even tho most wasn’t quilt related….I love, love, love the Kaffe striped blocks!

Julierose said...

I really like the size variation on the striped blocks--these are just so pretty on your wall!:)))
Good news on passing your test--always a relief. This year we are going to our polling place; hopefully there won't be a long line as standing is still somewhat of an issue for me...
We have awakened to a foggy day--very dense out there--misting the trees into blurry images...hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

You probably drive better than a lot of people! Congratulations on passing. I was on my stationary bike last night, looked out the window and saw that same pink sky. It was pretty. I am loving your striped blocks. I really like the two side by side at the bottom toward the center. Is that an olive green or brown fabric?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I didn't know that in some states you have to take a driver's test to renew your license after a certain age - I did a search on Arkansas and didn't see it listed. Beautiful sky

Sharon Stroud said...

Have you thought about combining all the stripe blocks into one quilt? Might be interesting. Just an idea. Congrats on license renewal!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congrats on the driver's license. We renew automatically every five years. That may change after we age a bit more but so far so good.

JJM said...

Love your heart ice cubes in your celebration Dr. Pepper ! Good reason to celebrate. And I’m sure you’ll celebrate again in a couple weeks for your birthday. (*._.*)

Lovely array of your striped blocks….

JJM

Needled Mom said...

Congratulations on passing the driving test. It’s a shame to not be able to decently thank someone for such a lovely gift. I hope they see this and let you know.

Anonymous said...

Well done you! I've been reading your blog for a few years and you inspire me everyday. Thank you, DeAnn

Anonymous said...

One friend sends me an amaryllis every year. The only way I know who it’s from is the address label has a tiny space for the greeting they type in, “Love from Dean and Lisa”. Otherwise there would be nothing.

Mystic Quilter said...

Congratulations on the pass for your driving test! Hopefully you eventually discover who the sender of the gift was.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great job getting the license renewed. As much as I hate driving, it sure is necessary. Your weather looks as wonderful as ours has been lately. I don't know when it will turn, but it has been lovely to look at. The stripes would make me dizzy to cut and work on them, but they sure are beautiful.