Tuesday, November 15, 2022

No sewing yesterday.........


A bouquet was delivered from my daughter's family for my birthday yesterday.  It has such a unique group of flowers and greenery.  I had several phone calls and my son stopped by so I touched fabric but didn't get any cutting or sewing done.  I'm still doing some research in the Kaffe books.





While going through all of my Kaffe Fassett books the last couple days I revisited this quilt again.  I just love this quilt and I made a small version for a sample at the store where I worked about 15 years ago.  I might have to still make one for me.






There were no treats left in my freezer so I made some chocolate chip cookies last night.  I might have eaten one before I took this photo and then ate these 2.

I had a lot of birthday wishes from no-reply commenters so here is a group thank you for making my day more special.

10 comments:

Andra Ridout said...

Happy Birthday! Mine is today. Number 49 and I feel so old...but am hoping for 49 more!

Mary said...

Happy birthday, Wanda. I knew it was coming up, but let it slip by. Chocolate cookies are a great way to celebrate!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have a couple pieces of cheesecake left in the freezer but no cookies - I need to start making some and put aside the majority for the holidays - lovely bouquet of flowers

patty a. said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! The flowers are so pretty! I am still enjoying the flowers my nephew brought me. They are on day 10 at my house and only the tiny white flowers had to be pitched. The tiny roses, zinnias, and other flowers are still looking great. I hope yours last a long time!

Julierose said...

What a lovely unique bouquet !! I like that pinwheel quilt--lots of movement in that one...Glad you enjoyed your day hugs, Julierose
P.S. 24 degrees this morning when I got up at 6:15 to prep for my final (hopefully) dental appointment.
Later--perm. cap is on and feels fine;)))

Nancy J said...

Many Good Wishes for your special day. The flowers are beautiful, and cookies, a treat for yourself.

Anne Ibach said...

sorry I'm a day late Wanda, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm a November baby too! All my best for a fantastic year ahead!

JJM said...

Such a pretty bouquet Vicki’s family sent. I agree the greenery makes this bouquet so special. You deserve a day of looking at your quilting books and eating some chocolate chip cookies. Wishing your goal and then some.

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely flower bouquet and the lime green with purple is sensational.

MaryJo said...

Happy Belated Birthday Wanda !! Love reading your musings. You're an inspiration. Thanks !