Thursday, June 16, 2022

More variety................


I cut a lot of triangles from the backing fabric and now this has some life to it.  I cut triangles first thing in the morning yesterday and when I got bored with the selection I cut some more.  Three times I was pressing and cutting yesterday.  I think I'll cut a few more new fabrics today.  I haven't pressed any of these blocks yet so I will likely take them all down when I have enough blocks and then start over with the layout.

It only got up to 94 yesterday and the humidity dropped a little more.  It was still 85 at 11p.m. last night so it isn't cooling off much overnight.  Saturday we are predicted to have low 70s.  How about that for a one day change before the heat rolls back in.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Those blocks with lots of white are adding quite a bit of sparkle to this one.

Julierose said...

I like the addition of the new fabrics a lot!!
Rainy this morning here...but we really need it as it is so dry...but I will most likely be saying a final "good-bye" to my irises after this rain...
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks like the weather will be very hot here for the whole month - 90's through June and maybe off and on in hundreds - hope that misses us - of course it looks like there won't be much rain now either so we won't have to be cutting grass often either. At least the flowers are still doing well for now

Rachel said...

I'm a big fan of yellow, so I'm enjoying following along in your process with this. The thing about yellows (and oranges) is that any 3 clash and any 30 look fabulous together -- not quite an absolute statement, but holds true many times. My youngest son loved sunny colors, so I have a lot in my stash and always enjoy working with them.

JJM said...

Happy to see the backing fabric included on the quilt top. It is such a wonderful print it had to be seen there too.

JJM

P.S. Still hard to believe hot your hot humid days when we are so far behind with our spring warm up. Today and tomorrow 80’s then back to the 50’s for the weekend.

Mystic Quilter said...

You have a good selection of golden yellows here, they glow!