Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Final layout.............

I finally decided on a final layout, trying to spread out the darker colors evenly as well as the backing fabric which is in half of the blocks.





Last night I started sewing it together.  I have 5 rows webbed so far in this photo.






Earlier in the day I sewed all of the rest of the triangle squares and just put them up on the design wall as I finished each matching group.  I haven't decided if I should mix them up or leave them matching.







Here is one more fabric I haven't used yet.  I think maybe it should be in this zig zag quilt.








The stinking little squirrels took a big bite out of one of the tomatoes that was ripening so I picked this other one and brought it in the house to ripen a few days ago.





I checked the other plants last night and found one more to bring in to ripen.






One more Lily bloomed yesterday, the Stella d'oro.  I saved this one from one of the front gardens that got dug up last year and planted it in a backyard garden.

8 comments:

Charlotte M. said...

I am loving all the yellow! I really love that yellow butterfly fabric. I look forward to seeing how you quilt this too.

Julierose said...

Love those touches of lightest white fabric on the triangles...
And zig zag is looking great--you made a lot of progress...
Stella D'Oros are so pretty--sort of yellow-ey-peachey...
hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

The triangle quilt is looking great! I'm lazy and wouldn't want to make this design and deal with all the seams when sewing the blocks together. Using the leftovers to make a zig zag quilt is a great idea. I like the fabrics mixed in a row. Why make more HSTs - use up what you have! That butterfly fabric might make a good binding for the triangle quilt and add even more interest to the zig zag. It is really pretty fabric!

JustGail said...

The tomato plants I started from seed are only about 6" high, but I didn't get them planted out until a couple of weeks ago. I do see a few flowers on the purchased cherry tomato plant though. Darned squirrels!
The yellows are looking very happy!

Vicki W said...

You are Barbara Stanbro are having a time with the squirrels!
I love both quilts but especially the zig zag one.

JJM said...

I like both of your layouts, baby quilt has yellow pizazz PLUS a lovely coziness to it. Zig-zag shows off each piece of yellow fabric.
Love your butterfly piece, I’m hoping to see it added to your zigzag or whatever your decide too create with them.

Tomato’s look delicious and those nasty little squirrels don’t forget where they got their tasty bite of tomato.

JJM

sewyouquilt2 said...

Pretty yellow quilts. Hmmm loving the zigzag. My chipmunk is raiding my garden too Lil rascal

Mystic Quilter said...

I like your final layout of the sunshine quilt and interested to see the chevron rows next in line, waiting to see which way you set them.