Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Experimenting................


I pressed 8 of my 45 yellow fabrics and cut some quarter square triangles with my Studio die cutter.  These are 8" finished blocks (4 blocks shown).  I sewed up a few just to get a feel for it.





I could also place them every other one with whole squares in the opening or I could find an 8" quilt block I like and use them in the spaces.  

As my post title says, I'm experimenting.  I have a lot more fabric to press and cut for the variety I would want in an all yellow quilt.



 I mentioned previously that I had spray painted some older pots that were looking pretty shabby.  The one on the left used to be pale pink and now it is rosy red.




The Annabelle Hydrangea blooms are getting big and one has turned white.  They will all turn white soon and then they go back to lime green as they mature.

It got up to 97 yesterday but the dew point dropped from 79 the day before to 72 so it didn't feel as hot as Monday.  Possible storms will go through after midnight and then the dew point will drop even more for a comfortable Friday and Saturday.  At least that is what they are telling us....and I want to believe them.

9 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I noticed my Annabelles were all white yesterday. They definitely brighten up a dark corner in the front of the house. I'll post some photos. Do yours go through a pink phase?

Julierose said...

Loving that hydrangea--so pretty and I like the rounded shape.
i agree a variety of yellow fabrics would make it a bit easier to plan out a piece--at least it would seem so to me...
Hope your weather moderates to a comfortable level... Ours has been just beautiful for the past two days--hard to do anything but sit out on the deck and enjoy it while it lasts!
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the yellow fabrics will look great and the pots look good repainted I need to clean up some of my old pots but I'm not thinking of planting any more of them right now it is too hot to do more planting here - the weather man said the rest of June will be July temperatures - 90's all the way

JustGail said...

All I have to say about yesterday/today's temperature - at least we didn't go from 65 degrees to 95 degrees in one day. And yuck - it looks like back to 95+ degrees again next week :-(

Every time I look at the fabrics for this newest yellow quilt, I get an earworm of "Walking on Sunshine". Except the words are "snoozing in a sunbeam".

JJM said...

No matter what you create with your yellows, Its going to sparkle. You won’t forget these hot, humid days when you were creating this one, for sure.

Lovely garden photos and its fun to paint up an old shabby pot and bring it back to life again.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Omigosh- 97? Supposedly getting to 90 here, however, it is very cloudy so maybe it mercifully won't. Love all the yellows. Yellow is a tough color on its own as it has a tendency to disappear.

Mary said...

I don't remember ever seeing an all yellow quilt. This will be fun to watch as you develop your plan. We are not supposed to get above 100 degrees here today for the first time in a while. However, Saharan dust is crossing the state. This happens a few times a year.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Your yellows are pretty. I'll be interested to see what they become. Your flowerbed looks very neat and pretty. It is beastly hot here, too. I'm ready for fall, and it's a long way off.

Mystic Quilter said...

Your yellows are looking so cheerful, good luck with the experimenting.
Your hydrangea looks so healthy and absolutely full of blooms, they're one of my favourites in the garden.