Sunday, June 5, 2022

A few more columns................


I sewed some more columns yesterday with all batik fabrics.  The colors and values are nice and soft and soothing.











As I mentioned yesterday I pulled strips that aren't as appealing and are hard to work into projects and I have hundreds of strips cut to choose from.  They all look great together so far.  The arrangement may change since they are just stuck to the design wall now.  As I sew each column I decide if it will just be added on to the end or exchange places with something already on the wall.


I did a lot of outside work yesterday because it was cloudy and cool and low humidity.  I started out in the morning pulling lots of weeds in the back garden.  I planted another Hosta along my driveway between tomato plants.  Then I planted the Columbine and spread the leaf mulch in this area.


The Columbine is hiding in the photo above.  I hope it does well here and I would love to see some more plants popping up next year from seed.



 

4 comments:

Julierose said...

You are really moving along with your columnar work in progress;)00
It's looking good.
Cold here this morning; only-49 degrees!! But It is forecasted to reach 71 so we'll see.
Hope your Sunday is a good and restful one Hugs Julierose

Marcy said...

Is the leaf mold you are using a commercial product?

JJM said...

This pattern pulls me right in every time I see it. The strips weaving into the checker board is a fine work of art. Simple and yet so elegant.

Its hard to stay out of your gardens, when they look as pretty as yours.

JJM

Vicki W said...

Well, that's looking pretty darned cool!