Friday, June 24, 2022

Little zig zag..............


Another 88 degree day, hot sun blazing.  Today is supposed to be 92, not a lot of difference, both very hot.

I got the little zig zag baby quilt top sewn together, 30" x 36".  I think that might be a nice take along size for the baby when visiting others.


So you can see the difference in size, here are the 2 together.  The large one has 8" quarter square triangles and the small one has 3" half square triangles.


Speaking of perspective, my friend planted some tomato seeds and gave me this little plant on the left which is in a 6" pot in the photo.  It was less than half this size when she gave it to me in a tiny pot.  Now, the photo on the right is that plant exploded to huge height and it is finally setting buds.  It is quite bushy and is doing well in the big pot.

11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like both of the yellow quilts - I haven't made a zigzag quilt in sometime - that one should be on my list!

Quiltdivajulie said...

How fun to see the two yellow quilts side by side. And HOORAY for the success of that from-seed tomato plant!!! (love your red pots, BTW)

patty a. said...

The quilts are so pretty! So you are giving me hope for my tomato plants that are still in a small pot. I have to get those planted in bigger pots or in the ground this weekend!

Julierose said...

The yellow quilts are really lovely!! I especially like that zig-zag one..so cute and cheerful.
WOW that is some tomato!! You should get a great yield from that one alone!!
I hope your weather cools down; we are in the midst of beautiful weather here--perfect for deck sitting--I will be rooting out some old unfinished embroidery and stitching while i wile away these hours of sunshine...hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

Fun to see both quilts together and how each one has its own personality. You’ll always remember how hot spring of 2022 was with these sunny warm yellow quilts to remind you.

JJM

Kristin said...

I love both of these yellow quilts! So cheery!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

hot is just hot right?
What a cute little zig zag quilt!

Rachel said...

Love them both. you nailed your color balance.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Both are wonderfully cheerful and crisp. My tomatoes are pitiful in their pots. Hope you can stay cool.

Mystic Quilter said...

It's good to see them side by side, both happy, happy quilts. You're right, the 30" x 36" is an ideal size.

Vicki W said...

The quilts are so cute!