Monday, June 13, 2022

Continuing to search for yellow........


Yesterday I looked through my Kaffe fabrics for yellows.  Some of them have green in them and may get pulled out.  Also the top left one has a lot of pink but I could fussy cut the yellow areas.

I need to look through my Philip Jacobs fabrics next and maybe Brandon Mably's fabric too.


I have made 2 yellow quilts in the past.  The one on the left has a lot of apricot and pink in it too and is all Kaffe collective fabrics.  I started out with a pattern in a Kaffe book but then added more to the width, the rows on the right with stars in them.  The one on the right is just simple squares of most of the yellow fabrics I had up to 2009.  More than half of the yellows I showed yesterday have been purchased since 2009.


These 2 quilts have a lot of yellow in them but don't qualify as an all yellow quilt.  I'm still searching my brain for a pattern.

We have a hot week coming up.  Tues and Wed are predicted for mid to high 90s and humid.  Then we cool down into the mid to upper 80s for 2 days.  Sounds like good sewing weather.  This morning I hope to get some more pots planted.  Also there are lots of volunteer tomato plants coming up in the back by the raised bed so I hope to transplant a couple more of them.  The one I already transplanted has doubled in size.

I mowed the backyard grass late yesterday.  With the heat coming I didn't dare leave it for midweek.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

I like the yellow with the peach and apricot especially!! But an all yellow quilt will be quite a challenge. I always have trouble finding what i call a "nice" yellow..I don't use yellow a lot in my pieces...I find it hard to manage..hugs, Julierose

Anonymous said...

I remember the peachy quilt and admired it tremendously - so rich! Can't wait to see what you do with this new yellow collection.

ceci

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

this heat is getting a lot of us this week from down here in the south all the way up to Canada - 90's here all week to and very humid the weatherman said the air will be a little dryer though as some of the soaked earth gets sucked out from the rain we had last week. The grass needs cutting but I don't know when it will get done - we have a rider so not hard to do like yours when it gets longer.
I don't know why but yellow is something I don't always have a lot of.

JJM said...

Another delightful day of viewing your yellows . Your past quilts are so pretty and complimentary patterns. Especially love the one on your bed and with background of brilliant yellow walls.

No heat up here in the mountains another day of a high in the 50’s.

JJM

Cindy said...

Loving your yellow collection...you have some real beauties there! I love yellow quilts too!!!! I have a good stash of butter yellows just waiting for the right inspiration! Can't wait to see what you do with this!!!!
Take care in the heat this week!

Mari said...

Yellow might be my favorite color (or maybe pink) but it can be really hard to use in quilts. There are just not a lot of good ones. I think you got all of them already! Looking forward to the yellow quilt!

Mystic Quilter said...

I've enjoyed seeing the photos of your yellow quilts and I remember when I first saw the one on the left hand side, love that one.