Monday, January 13, 2020

Quilting time................

I got this quilt quilted yesterday afternoon.  Once again it is a meandering pattern.








I should call it Double Cross Meandering.  I crossed over twice just in this area.  This is a message to everyone who won't try free motion quilting because you know you can't do a good job at it:  the world didn't come to an end and the quilt police didn't come and put on the handcuffs AND I will have a finished quilt this week.
Since the back is mostly pink the binding will possibly be pink.  I used both batiks and regular quilting cottons in the blocks so the binding does not need to be a batik.  I will most likely hand finish this binding.

15 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely quilting on this beautiful piece...I am loving those softer colors...hugs, Julierose

mb-RI said...

Beautiful!

Marie said...

We just came out of a winter storm that left a foot of snow on the ground so it's lovely to see the colours of spring in your quilt.

DianeN said...

I think it's lovely.

patty a. said...

Another one almost done! Good for you! The meander suits this quilt very well.

JJM said...

I always enjoy seeing the texture quilting adds to a quilt. "It's the frosting on the cake" thing for me. And I love what it did for this quilt too.
A lovely breath of springtime pastels.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

So, so pretty -- and such a VERY true statement about FMQ.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The quilt looks very soft and cozy, but elegant.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super sweet quilt! Good luck with the finishing.

Old Mare said...

Love the spring colors!!! So ready for spring flowers to appear.

Danice G said...

Oh so pretty and Spring-looking. Yes, so true about FMQ. Often times, other people will not even notice the "mistakes" and there is freedom in the art.

Sue said...

Thank you for your encouragement to those of us who avoid free motion quilting! This almost gives me a push to try it again. You are awesome Wanda and this quilt is beautiful. :)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Beautiful quilt! I love your comment about the quilt police - I sure hope they don't find out where I live - I'd be locked up for a long time - LOL - ;))

Cindy said...

Such a beauty!!!! Love the pastel palette you chose; makes it appear all soft & snuggly. Thank you for sharing!

Linda H. said...

It looks like there are some whole floral blocks sprinkled around. Very pleasing to the eye. Soft and lovely.