Thursday, January 9, 2020

Continuing on...........

Wednesday night is another TV night and since the yellow, black and white scraps were still spread out on my cabinet I just continued working on them.  3 hours, 3 blocks finished from the beginnings the night before.  There isn't much contrast with yellow so I had to add in gold and a couple that were almost yellow-orange.  I think this project has just shrunk in size.  Since I only want to use batiks in this project I don't have enough variety to keep my interest.
I will figure out what I'm going to make with 7 10" blocks.  I will probably still make a few 5" blocks with the rest of the scraps and then I can move on to the next project.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

these are nice and warm looking on this very cold morning here;))) wind chill = 17 and temp is 21.1 right now...good day to stay in...hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Maybe you could make some blocks with more black and white with a little yellow so you could have a gradation with the blocks. That might keep your interest for some more.

JJM said...

These blocks are so mesmerizing, I just love them. I hope you decide to whip up some smaller blocks as you mentioned. This is one happy design in the making.

JJM

Needled Mom said...

That’s one of my favorite color combinations. Those blocks are so pretty.

Quilting Babcia said...

I love these blocks, there's something about them that evokes a feeling of wildness, a jungle safari perhaps.

Tami Von Zalez said...

I have very little orange and yellow. I, of course, love what you've done. Keeping to my no fabric challenge, gotta use up what I have.

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice bright yellows here, such a cheery colour.

Vicki W said...

I really love these blocks!