Thursday, January 2, 2020

2019 yearly recap............

I finished 24 quilts in 2019 (compared to 18 in 2018).  Nothing is to scale here, just the way Picasa makes a collage.  3 of them are favorites and I will keep them.  Many will be gifted.


I finished 22 quilt tops (one not in collage), 4 of them were sold, 10 were made into finished quilts and 9 are in the top photo also.  The Kaffe quilt top is for me too and I hope to get it quilted soon using one of the wide Kaffe backing fabrics.

I started the year with 31 quilt tops, but really it was 34 because I found 3 early in the year that weren't written on the list.  I ended up with 31 quilt tops so my ratio of new projects to finished is still too high.  Am I going to do anything about that?  Heck NO.  I'm going to have fun and start as many new projects as I want.  Some projects might get abandoned and the blocks will go into the orphan block boxes, no guilt.

My indoor garden is doing great.  I was afraid there wouldn't be many blooms starting in January because so many of the cacti all bloomed at once in late Nov./early Dec.  This orange/peach one has more blooms than last year.

A lot of the blogs are listing accomplishments over the decade of Jan. 1, 2010 to Dec. 31, 2019 and the only stat I can come up for that time period quickly is that I quilted 118 quilts on my longarm machine and 94 quilts on either my Pfaff or my Babylock straight stitch machine.  Some of them are wallhangings and others are throws or bed quilts.  8 of them were for Quilts of Valor and one large one was for the store I worked at.  

11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I would have a hard time choosing a favorite of all the quilts you did this year. There are so many that I like. I am trying to keep the same attitude - make what you want and if you start something you are no longer in love with don't worry about it - but I have a hard time not feeling guilty sometimes of the "stuff" I have.

Beth D. said...

I’m just curious, which ones are your favorites? You have so many lovely quilts.

jenngate2002@yahoo.com said...

You are a creative inspiration!

Linda Swanekamp said...

A pretty amazing year of quilts, Wanda. And they are all unique and colorful. Hope to get on my longarm real soon.

patty a. said...

That is a lot of quilts over the last decade that you have made! I figured I had 173 finished quilts. I did spend a lot of time on three of the quilts that were actually those 6' x 6' t-shirt wall hangings that I embroidered. I know the AC/DC one took my 5 months to embroider so not much other quilt making was going on.

JJM said...

Finishing AND Designing a total of 46 pieces plus for 2019 takes my breath away Wanda. I'm not surprised with checking in daily, but I wasn't counting. Each quilt and tops are show pieces, so beautiful with design and fabrics. You haven't let us down this year one bit !

JJM

Tami Von Zalez said...

You always get so much done~! Which ones were your keepers?
I will have to do a decade post of completeds, even tho I have only been quilting for around 5 years.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You're so good at finishing your quilts - I should feel guilty - but I don't - LOL. I start as many new projects as I want, too - and play with them until I get bored or decide to chase another "Squirrel". Every once in a while - I'll "take inventory" and update my list - but that takes time that I would rather spend sewing - ;))

Mystic Quilter said...

Definitely got to have the fun of making starts with new projects! You have a splendid collection in your collage photos and I love the cactus colour. Happy New Year!

Millie said...

I love the “no guilt” when you don’t finish something! Totally enjoyed the class last year.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Wow! So many great finishes Wanda. It's inspiring to see just how much you accomplish in a year. Wishing you a great 2020!