Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New Years Eve successes..............

Happy New Year everyone!!!  I'm such a party animal.....I spent New Year's Eve finishing 2 quilts.  I got the Snail's Trail done first: 31 different fabrics in it.  I love the textures of the prints playing together.  59" x 72".
The back is a wonderful sale fabric that I'm glad I saved for the perfect quilt.  Binding is the same fabric as the back.  Machine finished binding.




Next I finished the quilting on the African colorwash.  I hadn't done free motion quilting on my Pfaff for many years.  Luckily it all worked out well.




This is a belated birthday present for my daughter.  Ditch quilted in the center area and free motion quilting in the border.
28" x 34".








The back is another color of the same Stonehenge leopard print.

Now I need work on my monthly recap and my yearly recap collages.  I may do a second post today with the monthly recap if all goes well.







3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

turned out great - I'm not such a party animal either and spent the evening quilting and went to bed before midnight as I have done for years

Quiltdivajulie said...

Two excellent finishes -- we do not party on NYEve either. We read books, played Scrabble, and otherwise relaxed.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great finishes. They are unique and mastefully finished. What could be better than that?