Sunday, January 19, 2020

Australian Equilateral triangle top done............

I'm still having trouble with a light fixture in my main floor studio so I sewed during daylight hours yesterday and finished this top.  There are several different secondary patterns but the one I worked for was the 2 vertical heart columns on the 2 sides and then random hearts scattered through the center.  There are varying degrees of value contrast so some show up better than others.  I will consider this my Valentine quilt this year.  It is 55.5" x 69".
Backing choices were made too.  The black with circles will be full width and the other 2 pieces are long leftover strips from previous backings.  The one in the center is an Australian fabric.  I'll probably wait to quilt this one at the beginning of February since I have 2 others lined up to finish first.

The art quilters are coming tomorrow so I have to finish the clean up in the basement and bake cookies today.  I hope to squeeze in a little sewing too.

7 comments:

Dorothy said...

I love the hearts--no matter how hidden they are :-)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wonderful quilt. Love the hearts because they are there and don't hit you over the head, just play as part of the overall design.

Julierose said...

I had to search a while for those hidden hearts;)))
--lovely put together of this one..hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

I saw your hearts long ago (^._.^) and diamonds, and Christmas trees too ! Your have created another fascinating fun quilt top with your triangles. Nice backing choices.

JJM

Sue said...

Lovely design. A great stash buster!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Beautiful! - Love looking for the hearts - they're there but somewhat hidden - ;))

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the hearts created with this pattern.