Saturday, April 4, 2009

What is on my design wall?

Here is one of my design walls in the basement. I have finally started sewing the curved pieces together. I will probably work on them anytime I am doing a load of laundry. Since my washing machine is 35 years old, I have to put the fabric softener in when the rinse water starts filling. The automatic dispenser doesn't work any more. As long as I have to stay down there to the mid point I usually stay until it is time to put the clothes in the dryer too. On this other piece, I have decided on 4 different fabrics for the narrow border (out of my boxes of 1.5" strips) and then I cut wider ones of the same fabric as the alternate squares.
I am about 2/3 done with my second binding so hopefully I will have it done to show tomorrow.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I love both of your layouts. Okay, so now that you are piecing the curved one together, I must ask, don't they go together like a dream? I love the layout that you chose for it, I can't wait to see how you quilt it. My progress on my batik Judy Niemeyer is coming along. I took some pictures and although I didn't put it in today's post I am going to post it next time. I think you will like this one.

Diane said...

Love the pinwheels!

Jean said...

I love your layouts. I think that little one in the upper left corner is interesting too. I think it would be much more fun to do those drunkard path-type blocks without having to cut each one with a template...that's the part that is so time consuming. Good use of the accucut!

Wanda said...

Wanda....totally great. Wonderful colors and wow..the layouts! I guess I can't really say much about a 35 year old washing machine. I never owned one until I inherited my husbands when we got married last year. I did my laundry in a military laundermat for over 20 years! ha ha

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Finally a good reason to do laundry!!!

Much to think about with the layout of your quilt. The light and dark backgrounds the light and dark "hour glasses". Can not wait to see how it all comes together.

Eva said...

The pinwheels quilt is great. Can't say more.

Eva said...

As for the other one: I think the bit on top of the pinwheels quilt shows that some intersection in the round shape is better. Just my taste!

Joyce said...

The curves are turning out great. I like the shaded effect on the background.

Karen said...

W, you are amazing;););) and you must have an awsome collection of batiks...I have been looking for one with sea turtles and/or hibiscus...have you seen anything like these?

Purple Pam said...

Oh, I like the pinwheel quilt. I love a pinwheel design, and yours is wonderful. I also like the boxy squares quilt in our last post. I makes me happy, too, when I look at it. I do like the border fabric you decided to use.

Marilyn said...

Wanda, it all looks wonderful. Bright and colorful, "wandaful". The way we like it here.

Judy Rys said...

I can't believe how productive you are! I'll be in the Evanston/Chicago area the beginning of May. Can you think of any quilt/art related places I should go? I've already got Vogue Fabric on the list.