Monday, April 6, 2009

Nature inside and out

Here is the forsythia in the snow last night at 11 p.m. It started snowing around 6 p.m. but the streets and driveways were warm enough to melt it. It looks like about 2" on the grass this morning.
I finally resorted to using the flash to get a picture of the Christmas cactus. The flower color isn't quite as true, but I wanted to show that it has 6 full blossoms and two that are still hanging on but almost gone. This is the most blossoms I have ever had at one time on this plant.

7 comments:

Cathi said...

If I had to choose, I'd pick the nature indoors today! We're getting snow now too -- and just had some thundersnow which always makes me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't you be renaming that plant an "Easter Cactus" since its timing is a bit off.

I've had "Chrstmas" cactus that have bloomed at Thanksgiving as well as Easter. Since I didn't keep track of what I did differently those years, I am not sure if it was the result of watering (or lack of), house temperature,being outside for the summer, or what. But it is fun to see the flowers at different times.

Liz

jacquie said...

our forsythia is going to freeze tonight as well as all the trees in bloom...i sure am wishing for warm sunshine.

West Michigan Quilter said...

I can't believe you got the snow and we didn't (for a change). I'm enjoying your pictures though. Think I like the inside one best. Stay warm!

floribunda said...

I love your forsythia -- it's one of those things that just don't do well in my mild climate (like peonies and lilacs, too) -- it looks beautiful with the snow! My Christmas cactus always blooms at the beginning of December...

Jean said...

That cactus is gorgeous!

meggie said...

Those plants can be moody, but yours looks happy with it's pretty flowers!