Friday, April 10, 2009

New Hoffman batiks!

There are new Hoffman batiks twice a year and the new ones just arrived at Batiks Plus. They have a blog now. If you click on the link you will go to their home page and near the upper left you can click on their blog link and see all of the new batiks in color groups. The one on the left is Marigold, a new color and the black background is Onyx. The whole Onyx series is so sophisticated. I had to order a few just to see if they were as beautiful as they looked on the screen, and yes they are! Remember to sign up for their newsletter and you will get a $10 coupon to be used toward an order.


I have made a little progress on the Lady of the Lake blocks. There will be some duller greens in there too because they make the clear bright ones really sing.
I lucked out at the used paperback book store in town yesterday. I needed 2 from a series before I could start reading them as well as some by authors recommended on other quilters' blogs. Someone asked about the Twilight series of books that are on my books that I have read list. The reason I started reading them was because my granddaughters were reading them and I wanted to know what the buzz was all about. I wouldn't normally read anything vampire, but this series isn't overly gruesome. I enjoyed reading just to see what else could the author possibly come up with to continue the story.

8 comments:

Jean said...

Love the new batiks...and your blocks are coming along nicely. Very pretty so far!

Clare said...

Gorgeous batiks. Thanks for the link. I found a new to me site yesterday http://tinyurl.com/cusava where they've also got the new Hoffman batiks.

DD wants to read Twilight. She's getting the books when she goes back to the UK in July. I'm hoping she'll let me read them.

Joyce said...

Those batiks are gorgeous. I may just have to have some.

Pat said...

NICE new batiks in their line AND nice work so far on your Lady of the Lake blocks!

floribunda said...

oh heavens! those pale blues in the latest batiks plus blog post are incredible! and I want the color fan, too!

Anonymous said...

Love those Batiks, and' Lady of the Lake' is growing more beautiful by the day.

We just drove to Forks, WA. to see the little community tucked into one the deep forest of WA. My grand daughter has read the series and seen the movie. The author has put Forks on the map as they have had visitor's literally from all over the world. We learned the movie was NOT filmed there. Because of the taxes WA. requires, they filmed it in OR. But had taken enough 'stills' of Forks that were in the movie that my grand daughter was surprised it was not filmed there. I watched the movie on her lap DVD player on the way home. (*._,*) J~MT

Leslie said...

Oh, boy, I just checked out the batiks site for a teensy minute and I think I'm drooling! :-) I've already signed up for their newsletter - very bad...
Thanks for sharing and for the peek at the new quilt. The nature-themed green batik is delicious.

Cathi said...

Your blocks are looking so so wonderful and fresh!
Those batiks are too tempting! I've signed up for the newsletter too!