Friday, April 24, 2009

Only 8 more lines to stitch
and I'll be done with the quilting. I took this picture in low light to show the texture.
I was busy all morning giving a private computer class and then last night I decided it was time to change my studio around for my summer set up where I will be sitting next to the double window while I sew. I took a few minutes last night to try 3 fabrics for the setting triangles. If you click on the pictures for a closer view you will be able to see the fabrics better.
I'm not sure how dark I want them to be but I am leaning toward the one on top in this picture. I will try some other color ranges yet though.
I think this next one is too dark.
Here is another close up shot of the pulmonaria flowers.
I don't know how many of you read Kornelia's comment
when I mentioned that the flowers were 2 different colors on the same stem. She is a molecular biologist and she said that the color of the flower changes after pollination. She said that once it changes color that is an signal for the pollinator that it doesn't need to visit the flower any more. Isn't that neat? Thanks Kornelia.

19 comments:

Julie Bagamary said...

I really like the pink/yellow quilt. Simple yet fun. And thanks for the info on the flower pollination. I have that plant also.

Cher said...

I really like the quilting you have done on this quilt...it does give it a great texture.

jacquie said...

love, love, love the quilting!!!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Love the wonky straight line quilting. it really sets that quilt off! You really can crank them out! good for you! what fun!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

The quilting is luscious! And I like the lightest setting triangle too.

Carmen Rose said...

Oh LOVE the pink one! I might have to try one like that, I love how each block is a little different but they all work so well together! The quilting is lovely also!

Wanda said...

Very neat info on the flowers. The quilt is beautiful in any light!

Jackie Russell said...

Love the texture of the quilting!

Browndirtcottage said...

OK...I vote for the lighter fabric on top.
Your quilting on this is amazing....yeah...nearly finished!!!

Cathi said...

The quilting really adds a great feel to that quilt! I vote for the top setting triangle of those 3.
The information about the flower changing colour is so interesting!

imquilternity said...

I think your quilting is just perfect for this quilt as it mimics the block itself. It really does add beautiful texture to the quilt and makes me want to touch it.

angelabe said...

I tuoi lavori sono sempre piĆ¹ belli. Complimenti!!

Janet said...

I am drawn to the textures you create. Also found the comment interesting. Nature is such an inspiration if only we take the time to notice and "zero in".

Jean said...

I like the top triangle as it brings out the other rosy colors in the quilt.
The wonky quilting is perfect for that quilt. Do you use cotton or poly batting?

Beena said...

The top quilt is looking great after your quilting. And I think I'm partial to the same fabric you are in the choice of setting triangles. And after all, it has more of the colors you like!

Gari in AL said...

Oh, I like the top one, too. It is not too dark but with depth.

Anonymous said...

What an interesting flower. Nature is amazing. I am going to see if I can grow them in my mostly shady yard here in CT.

The quilt looks great.

Dixie Redmond said...

I love the vibrancy of the top quilt (pink??). It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Your quilting adds even more beauty to another great piece.

It has been a treat to watch your flower baskets grow.

I never knew that about pollination before. We learn so much from your blog.

J~MT