Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Setting triangles

I need to make 2 more blocks to finish the rows and then all of the rest of the setting triangles. To have the pattern follow through, the setting triangles on the left need to have the dark large triangle and the ones on the right need a light large triangle. I hope it doesn't look lopsided and heavy on the left when I get done. I need sunshine and we finally got some today. Yesterday was damp and cold with the wind. It didn't rain but it was cloudy all day. The funeral was beautiful. Two of my cousins shared memories of their mother and 2 groups of grandchildren sang. It was a beautiful tribute to their loving family.

7 comments:

Julie Bagamary said...

It's coming along nicely Wanda. Great collection of greens.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think it is looking good. I always like blocks set on point for some reason - just makes them look a little different.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Cathi said...

That is so fresh -- makes me think of an incredibly fresh green salad!

Eva said...

The room with this quilt will have spring all through the year. Love it!

Vicki W said...

Still damp and cold here. It was the perfect setting for 2 miserable hours at the dentist office.
I was thinking about your quilt. If the light setting triangles look to "light" maybe you could add a border that is opposite. Dark on the right and light on the left.

Gayle Bong said...

Hi Wanda,I was thinking the same thing as Vicki W. Or how about arranging the blocks across the quilt from darkest green to medium dark green and the half blocks with the dark would really be medium green. Would that balance it? Does it need to be balanced?

Jean said...

Very pretty quilt...you are almost finished with it!