Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring, inside and out

This may not look any different than yesterday's picture but it is all sewn and on the pile for my program Monday night. The program is titled "It's all about fabric choices, or what flavor is your quilt?". I will be showing the same pattern made in several different fabric groups to show how different they look. I have 13 different patterns (or block designs) and 41 quilts to show. Outside, the forsythia is just starting to drop flowers and leaves are sprouting. I showed this when it was first blooming on Mar. 29th with snow on it. I think the cooler weather helped the flowers to last longer this year.
This close up shot is a new little shoot of gold mound spirea growing amongst the periwinkle vinca.
In the back yard the pulmonaria is blooming. It is a lonely little plant with lots of bare dirt around it right now. This is one of the early peonies. It is one of the few that have bright colored stems. I didn't cut down last year's stalks so they are still hanging on. I have only done a little clean up in the flower beds so far. We have one more warm day promised before the rain and a 20 degree drop in temperature.

16 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I wish I could be there for the Monday night program. What you are teaching/explaining is exactly what I am interested in knowing more about. Your quilt is coming together so beautifully.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have fun at your program - I bet everyone will love the quilts.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Christine Staver said...

Your quilt is beautiful. I wish I could attend your program.

Unknown said...

The quilt looks gorgeous in this layout! I can't believe you have 41 quilts to show. I wish I could be there to see them. I can't believe how much your flowers have progressed and just look at those peonies. I can't wait until mine come up.

goodworks1 said...

Your peonies are taller than mine and you live about 50 miles NORTH of me! No fair! lol

I'm working toward attending your presentation...we'll see if the day lets me!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see the finished piece all pressed and ready to join the others for your fantastic show on Monday.

Spring foliage comes no matter what the weather sometimes. Always fun to see where your garden is compared to mine. Your photo's are ALWAYS so wonderful.

J~MT

Anonymous said...

My! How I'd LOVE attending your show! It must be sooo interesting, and I'm in awe seeing this green one. Makes me think of water lillies. It's sooo peaceful and relaxing to look at !
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

West Michigan Quilter said...

Oh, I so wish I could attend your presentation. I'd love to see all those quilts. Can you post your program somewhere on the net so we can see it too? I can't get over how tall your peonies are. Mine are just poking their heads above the ground. Have a good weekend. Hugs, Caroll

Cathi said...

I wish I could attend your presentation too! It would be fabulous to see those quilts all in one spot at one time!
We're in the same weather pattern. Nice today, nice tomorrow and then a huge temperature drop. But then they say it will go right back up. I'm just hoping it doesn't mean a migraine.

meggie said...

I love the way the light dances in that quilt!
Lovely to see the Forsythia, we had it growing in Christchurch, I must ask if it grows over here. I cant remember seeing any!

Susan said...

I love the yellow triangle in the middle of the quilt, and the blues. The whole thing makes me smile. Wish I could see the others.

We had a nice day earlier, but that cold, stone-grey weather has moved into the Madison area. Get out the hot tea!

Michaela said...

Wow, I am not here for a couple of days and you are all finished. I love how it turned out. I need to see how my Monday will go at school and see if I can come for your program. I sure hope I can.

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh I wish I lived closer!!!
That quilt is amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great name for your blog. Your quilts are beaustiful, the colors exuberant!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

The green quilt is beautiful! I love the added polka dot like fabric. You are ahead of us by a few weeks with spring. My peonies are up about one inch right now. I also woke up to snow, but it will be gone by noon I am sure.

Cheryl Arkison said...

What a great idea for the program! And what a gorgeous spring quilt.