Monday, August 9, 2021

Some success...................


Cutting table 1 was my main project and it is finally cleaned off.  There are so many decisions of where to put the "stuff" that accumulated there.  This table is a little taller than my other ones so I sometimes baste wallhangings on it.






I have already put it to good use cutting the backing for the 16 patch baby quilt.





Cutting table 2 is almost clear.  There are still a few piles to the right on the remaining 26" of table.  I need to cut some battings first and get that roll off the table and then I can cut a border and a backing that have been waiting for table space.


One of things on the table was a bag of batik crooked cobblestones left over after I made my series of 11 wallhangings about 9 years ago





The last time I had the blocks out to play with I sorted like sizes together.  Since most of them are rectangular they really fall into more than one size range.  I don't see any note of a final count but I think there are about 170 blocks.  

8 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Congratulations on getting so much cleaned off. Those decisions are energy suckers. Hopefully, the cleaned off surfaces will free up the creative process and make following through much easier.

Libby in TN said...

The trouble with a clear work table is it just seems to attract new stuff.

patty a. said...

The cobblestone blocks sound look they would make a pretty quilt. Sounds like there might be enough. I had to move a bunch of stuff to clear off a bed for my company and I need to spend some serious time in my fabric storage room. I have run out of space stuff is getting piled on top of stuff! Yikes!

Julierose said...

Nice job getting that clearing up done; finding spots to store is definitely the hardest part..It must feel great to have a cleared table to work on...
Hugs Julierose

MissPat said...

So nice to have things cleaned up and stashed away. I need to do that, but not till the upcoming heat wave is over. So will the cobblestones work their way into a top or go back to storage?
Pat

Linda R said...

Always a nice feeling after cleaning up. Well done. Now for me to follow in your footsteps 😀😀

SueR said...

Not understanding about the link, but we'll give it a try. Feels good to clear off a big space like that. Sometimes I like a good mess, but mostly the clutters drives me bonkers, so I try to keep my spaces picked up. Lovely little baggies of blocks!

Mystic Quilter said...

It's always so good to see a cleared table! Mine is pretty good right now but could be a different story come Monday. I rarely buy fat quarters and as you say and show there are no end of creases in them.
What size are the ones you have shown here Wanda?