Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Borders chosen............


I made the decision on the borders for the Matrix quilt top (SpringLeaf Studios pattern) but I had some other pressing matters to take care of so no sewing took place.  I have enough of this Brandon Mably "Animal" fabric for the back too if I decide to use it there.





The Four o'clocks and the single petal Marigolds are making me happy.  Even though very little came up from seed I'm going to call it a success.





I dug up one Marigold plant and put it in a pot....or did I get 2 plants?  It's fun to look at by my hose in the front garden.






The pot by my garage is at its peak right now.  It never wilted all summer even though I forgot to water it sometimes.  I have a wide overhang so it gets very little rain unless the wind is blowing from the right direction.



 

10 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Nice border fabric- the color is perfect. Your plants are doing great. I have to go outside right now and do some watering before it gets any hotter and humid.

patty a. said...

What a fun border that will be! Binding in a warm color would look great.

Julierose said...

I really like how that animal print looks as a border--
My poor garden, such as it is, has been direly neglected as neither of us can do much bending this year...;000 I love those little marigolds...
hugs, Julierose

Christiane said...

I believe that the orange and yellow flowers in your picture are in fact Cosmos. Pretty!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Nice choice for the border. I've never purchased that particular print and yet have seen it used quite well in quilts. I plan to use a group of Kaffe stripes and shot cottons to make a new Matrix quilt one of these days. It just hasn't risen to the top of my list yet. Have you used his stripes and shots much? Any suggestions on how to handle the loose weave?

Lesley Gilbert said...

Back from a 4 day trip away so catching up with all your posts. Whatever the yellow/orange flowers are, the colours are very bold and pretty; maybe next year you'll have more in bloom. I watched a new YT video yesterday with K.Fassett - he showed his new fabrics up close and so pretty, from his new book *Quilts in an English Village*. I'll share the link so you can have a look :)

https://youtu.be/Z68UUJysfbY

Anne Ibach said...

Oh wow! That's such a great choice for the border! It looks like it's iridescent!

Quiltdivajulie said...

FUN border - enjoy the sewing of it.

JJM said...

I for one love borders, they always frame your quilt top and bring out its beauty. And you have created yet another of these beauties,

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Animal in the green colourway looks good with Matrix, I have a little in a couple of colours but I must check if I have the green.