Sunday, August 1, 2021

Monthly Recap July 2021.....................


The only finish I had for the month of July is my front gardens.  I don't even have a photo of the whole front of the house with the other side of the porch planted too.  I worked so hard on this and am so happy with how it turned out.


I have lots of things in progress including the LeMoyne stars.  This is 2 new ones sewn last night.  Also I got strip sets sewn for 4 patches for an old project.




I also got all of the strip sets for the 16 patch baby quilt sewn and ready to slice into segments to make 30 blocks.

I also had the pop-up shop to work on all month.  158 yards of fabric left my house in quilt builder packs and scrap bags.  Also 3 quilt tops are leaving, 3 quilts that I don't need to finish.  Now if I could only sell the rest of the tops.....the pop-up shop closes tomorrow at noon EDT.  Last chance to visit here.

 

14 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh it looks so beautiful...nice job;)))
Hugs, Julierose

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

The front of the house looks beautiful! Wish I could help you out on the 'tops' situation, but I haven't even had time to pet the fabric and I have a hand applique class to prep for... need a sample piece asap... so yep ... not much else is going to happen for a while.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The house came out beautiful with more promise to come. All the projects look terrific. Hoping the shop finishes strong.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the gardens look great and will fill out nicely next year I bet.

Linda P in IL said...

Your house looks wonderful... great planning and lots of hard work. Congratulations, well done.

rondiquilts said...

Beautiful home for a beautiful lady. You have been busy!
Rondi
rondiquilts@yahoo.com

MissPat said...

The remake of the front garden is all the more remarkable because you toiled through excessive heat to get it all done in one month. You'll have to post a photo next year at this time, so we can all see how it progresses. And congratulations on the success of the pop-up shop in terms of clearing out fabric from the stash. Now you can buy more.
Pat

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sounds like a good sale, Wanda! Best of luck on some of the other items selling before the shop closes.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your yard transformation ABSOLUTELY counts as at least a dozen finishes - so much work (planning and execution) and you'll enjoy the results for a long time.

Ann said...

Your yard looks good. It's so hot here that things are dying.
And the projects look good. This is certainly the time of year to make tops - anything but actual quilting.

Marie said...

I remember when I was young a friend of ours once referred to our home as 'a house of industry'. I'd venture to guess that yours is a house of industry too, Wanda. You've been busy!

patty a. said...

The yard looks so beautiful! It was worth every minute you put into it. 158 yards sure is a lot of fabric! Doesn't it make you wonder how much you really have? LOL!!! Can you tell if it made a dent? Congratulations on selling so much.

Vicki W said...

It sounds like your pop up shop was really successful. That's wonderful!

Mich K said...

The front of the house is beautiful nice and neat. My niece lives in Somonauk so I often drive through Sandwich on the way to her house. Sandwich is a pretty town. Enjoy the rest of your summer.