Monday, August 2, 2021

15 blocks...............


The first 15 sixteen patch blocks are made for the baby quilt.  The next 15 will be duplicates.  It's a little darker than I thought it would be and very blue/green.  I might look through the box of strips again and maybe this will turn into 2 quilts.


My pop-up shop closes today at 12 noon EDT so if you want one last look click here.  I sold 2 more quilt tops yesterday, Yay!!  That is now 5 quilts that I won't have to finish (which makes me very happy!).  There are still 3 left if anyone is interested.......

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Pretty start on the baby quilt--strange how sometimes you don't "see" the predominating colors until it's up on the wall and you step back a bit--at least for me...
hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

I find when I start making 16 patch blocks I always have enough blocks to make more than one quilt.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I think the sixteen patches are very pretty -- sixteen patch is firmly on my list of favorite designs.

Lesley Gilbert said...

When I first looked at your photo and saw the dark and light blocks, I had a feeling you may say another quilt is on the way. I guess once you finish the next 15 will be decision time.
The front of your house was looking good yesterday, (even better once the plastic bag has gone haha) and so many shades of green! Also love the pots coming down the front steps :)

JJM said...

Re: monthly recap
Master gardening took priority and I know you are proud of all you accomplished. And surely should be, it looks fantastic. Grand curb appeal !

Preparing and completing for your “Pop UP Shop’ should be included in your recap also. That is one huge job in itself…all those kits you assembled and quilts to be sold. And writing about each one for sale. You did it again completing way beyond what any other of us could do. Then jumping right into a 16 patch baby quilt or two. It’s just lovely also.

JJM

Connie said...

My sister-in-law and I were just talking about these quits with the small squares, it is going to be amazing :)